Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I need to get more experienced at video editing, so if there is any one out there that has videos that they would like to made it to a edit, but lack the skills to do so, send me a message or let me know

Thanks
P.S. I've made edits before so i'm not bad

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
shoot, this is a great idea! You are a smart man peter...

I have some old stuff that I've already made into edits that ill let you practice with if you want...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reading a book about editing might be viewed as dancing about architecture, but I very highly recommend The Grammar of the Edit if you want to step up your editing game. It is not about software, but rather WHY certain cuts work to achieve different results in storytelling. There is a companion book The Grammar of the Shot that covers filming/blocking/shooting.
Thanks, will definitely try get me a copy of the two.

Moosey, please, do have the videos alone or in the edit, would preferably like it in the clips but either work, certain style you would want me to do it in?

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
Thanks, will definitely try get me a copy of the two.

Moosey, please, do have the videos alone or in the edit, would preferably like it in the clips but either work, certain style you would want me to do it in?
I have the raw clips and my finished prodects, although i just deleted all my really old stuff...

Style it however you want. I already threw them together how i wanted them, so its up to you. Just PM me and let me know how to get them to you. I just wanna see your finished product.

BTW my riding is no where near good.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ive got some for u to edit aswell if u want since i have only raw clips ive never bothered to edit them together cuz i have no editing software

·
CoolArrow
2,473 Posts
Reading a book about editing might be viewed as dancing about architecture, but I very highly recommend The Grammar of the Edit if you want to step up your editing game. It is not about software, but rather WHY certain cuts work to achieve different results in storytelling. There is a companion book The Grammar of the Shot that covers filming/blocking/shooting.
Thanks for sharing that... so many questions/answers are centered around using the software. I've been looking for opinions on what are good books for getting started with video... :thumbsup:

·
PMarsh Thumbs Up!
1,288 Posts
Whenever I get some videos done I'd love to let you have a go at them. I've never had success editing videos with the bad software I have, only with just copying straight to YouTube. I usually end up losing the HD when I try to edit.

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
ok, ill try to make 1 continuous video of all my raw footage (i might need to edit some of the talking out anyway) and then ill upload it. It might take a while, but ill try to get you about a half hour of unedited footage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.