Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I liked the music. And that rider must have been really good because he made all those steep, rocky trails seem so easy.

I still think somebody (Big Larry?) should invent something that goes in the video camera that prints the current angle/grade/slope of the camera onto each frame, so we can really appreciate how steep some of those parts are.

The very first scene was that deep gully near the beginning of Butcher Ranch. On the video it looked like a shallow dip in the road. Oh well.

Thanks for the video. I like it!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Wherewolf said:
Saturday (7/15) I did Downieville, CA with GuruAtma and his friend John. More details and photos here. My skills seemed worse than usual so I've avoided most of the traditional Downieville clichés and included some other interesting scenery. 6:51 long, about 55 meg.

Right click to download
Fun to see. The Aug 05 video was steadier, is it mpeg vs. wmv?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Any particular reason you chose wmv instead of mpeg? The old Mpegs played more smoothly on my computer and I had better control of the playhead, fast forward and reverse. wmv also seems more jumpy (not bumpy).

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went with the flow

GuruAtma said:
Any particular reason you chose wmv instead of mpeg? The old Mpegs played more smoothly on my computer and I had better control of the playhead, fast forward and reverse. wmv also seems more jumpy (not bumpy).
Pete, MTBBill, BikingViking etc. all went to WMV and the larger format so I figured that's what you all wanted. Check out some of their latest videos. I think my quality is just as good as theirs in this format.

I prefer the quality of my former mpegs but I could not get reasonable files sizes in the larger format. I was thinking of encoding two short segments with both formats and posting a poll. But I suspect few really watch my videos and most don't care.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Wherewolf said:
...But I suspect few really watch my videos and most don't care.
I think alot more watch them than you think - I for one don't often respond as it takes a while for me to download, and I often do not get back to the thread - but I should be more ettiquettish.

As for format, wmv, mpg, DivX-avi, I don't mind, it's internet video - it's the content that I'm interested in. But I do like the wide screen. Nice vid, keep it up!

Cheers,

Tom

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Nice Vid, Wolf!

Wherewolf said:
Saturday (7/15) I did Downieville, CA with GuruAtma and his friend John. More details and photos here. My skills seemed worse than usual so I've avoided most of the traditional Downieville clichés and included some other interesting scenery. 6:51 long, about 55 meg.

Right click to download
Good flow!

I stopped watching them on my old Powerbook at home, mostly because my DSL is crap and it takes too long to download. The oldskool G3 laptop also has problems with big movies. It has trouble rendering them fast enough. Lame, but true. I think the .wmv format issues have been resolved. Somebody makes a windows media plug-in for quicktime that works pretty well. Nice, since M$ decided to stop developing Windows Media for the Mac. Bastids!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.