Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Entering his 4th month of riding my friend Joe decided to up his game and try a more technically challenging trail. At first he didn't want to be on camera so he followed my line for a bit. When I thought the worst was over I pulled over to let him pass. A minute later he was body surfing head first down a sandstone face. Follow this LINK.

The video will play in Windows Media Player 11, but it looks better in QuickTime.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
29 Posts
Mmm... Envy

Nice Vid Clyde. Had to take a break from the beating of the Saints by DA BEARS!
Especially nice sine we are getting more snow. I laughed when I saw the rider perform his head check, followed by the ubiquitous "JUNK" check.
 

·
Amphibious Technologies
Joined
·
3,472 Posts
Clyde S Dale said:
Entering his 4th month of riding my friend Joe decided to up his game and try a more technically challenging trail. At first he didn't want to be on camera so he followed my line for a bit. When I thought the worst was over I pulled over to let him pass. A minute later he was body surfing head first down a sandstone face. Follow this LINK.

The video will play in Windows Media Player 11, but it looks better in QuickTime.
Well done CSD. Very good riding too! :thumbsup: It's amazing how the camera makes the steep sections down Oaks Looks flat.

I hope Joe's OK as that's not a good place to crash.
 

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
Joined
·
3,844 Posts
Cool trail, where is that?

2 questions though, why were you guys going so slow and is that what you consider a technical trail?:)

Just kidding, I'm just jealous, there has been snow on the ground for about a month now and it has barely gotten above freezing. It may get to 40 this week though! Everybody please keep posting videos and photos, they are about all that is keeping me sane at this point.
 

·
involuntary dismounter
Joined
·
2,391 Posts
cool vid! :thumbsup::) that trail looks really fun!
looks like your buddy ate it pretty hard...hope he's ok! :D

i installed quicktime just for your movies...so far, it's been worth it! :thumbsup: keep 'em coming! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,278 Posts
Hey Clyde, that traisition where your buddy dabs a foot fades in and out, I'd choose a different transition, as it looks weird.

Also, can you change focal length on the camera? it might be cool to shoot in tele when you are riding the narrows . . . .
 

·
Brass Nipples!
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
Nice stuff again. I wish I could figure out how to give a feel for the slope in a video. Mine look a lot flatter than they feel, too. When you're off the bike after the crash it's a lot easier to see that stretch is really steep.

Your friend rolled out of his crash really well. Trying to stiff arm that fall would have probably broken his wrist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,585 Posts
Dunno-from where I'm sitting it looks steep and loose

If that's your friend's first time crashing in such a manner, his reaction to the shock and pain will probably determine whether he's gonna be a fast descender or like me, SLOW SLOW SLOW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the good words peeps. I spoke with Joe last night. He's fine, mostly bruised ego. That was his first real crash that wasn't related to getting into and out of his pedals.

Random Drivel said:
Hey Clyde, that transition where your buddy dabs a foot fades in and out, I'd choose a different transition, as it looks weird.

Also, can you change focal length on the camera? it might be cool to shoot in tele when you are riding the narrows . . . .
At the crash site or the end? I'm not sure to which scene you're referring.

That is my telephoto lens! I have an even wider one. The problem with longer lenses is camera shake; you'd get motion sickness watching the video The image would be too jittery. What I need to do for better effect is stay closer to the rider in front.

BTW, I thought you're John Cage joke was pretty funny.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,278 Posts
I'm retarded

Clyde S Dale said:
At the crash site or the end? I'm not sure to which scene you're referring.

That is my telephoto lens! I have an even wider one. The problem with longer lenses is camera shake; you'd get motion sickness watching the video
I am a retard.

I actually was referring to the Previous video you shot at Aliso Woods (jan 16) and confused that post with this one. DOH!

Um yeah, you are right about the Tele shake, I was thinking of still cameras.

Clyde S Dale said:
BTW, I thought you're John Cage joke was pretty funny.
You sir, go to the head of the class!!!!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top