Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the commute into work:

From the "no, na gunna give up" files.

And remember Grendel? This is a story about Grendel.

I borrowed a townie and went to town on it.

There is something wonderful about gliding through the evening in Crested Butte on a janky old bike. The swish of tires on pavement, the sharp-yet-gentle clank of chains on chainguards.

Oh, and one last ride. A couple of locals showed us some treats.

Some clouds rolled in, cooling things off a bit and making the skies look interesting and brooding.

And that was about it. I packed it all up, rolled homeward, and after about 36 hours here, I'm heading up to Idaho for the Valleys Teton and Sun, respectively.

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
great pics! what is the weather usually like in August? I thought about taking a multi day trip out to Crested Butte later in the year. Looks like some wonderful dirt. :D

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
this tread is the one that is breaking my heart....or causing me to loose my job. I just got back from a trip th NM. the same friends are heading to CO for a 10 day-er. crusty Butt will be visited twice in that time. I've never been adn alsway wanted too........seeign this really really makes me jones to play hookie and go with them........

thanks for the Stoke, Ant.

I blame the conditions of Elliot Barker on "Timo". he moved to Durango and has left this trail begging for rider love.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.