·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
now THAT'S vintage retro classic.
close curtains.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
When I first clicked through I thought you guys had just got better at making 'period' photography. Glad I read the rest. Fantastic story----what an amazing coincidence!

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yo-Nate-y said:
When I first clicked through I thought you guys had just got better at making 'period' photography. Glad I read the rest. Fantastic story----what an amazing coincidence!
yeah, it's odd to research an odd rare bike only to tie the builder back to your family. it still amazes me.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
And that he (father in law) was able to dredge up the old photos. Cool stuff. You should curate them---get a photo and bike history exhibition up somewhere in SD.

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yo-Nate-y said:
And that he (father in law) was able to dredge up the old photos. Cool stuff. You should curate them---get a photo and bike history exhibition up somewhere in SD.
haha, remember outside of about 200 people in the world nobody gives a rats a$$ about these old bikes. :D :p

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Ha--perhaps! But I think the story is cool enough to hook people, and your father in law seems to have a good eye. The "Meeting Modernity" thing here at Neojaponisme (http://neojaponisme.com/category/past/photography-past/) is older, but they've got shows happening pretty regularly.

Between bikes, history, photography, world record setting (!), and the Japanese angle I think it could be pretty awesome!

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Veloculture said:
haha, remember outside of about 200 people in the world nobody gives a rats a$$ about these old bikes. :D :p
As one of the 200, I miss your shop having a back room that served as a mountain bike museum.

Cool find and great story.

·
Registered
158 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts