Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am contemplating moving to Vicksburg, from Oxford. Can any body tell me if there are any local trails or were the nearest trails are?

Thanks for the help.

God Bless
Seth

·
Not dead yet, just playin
910 Posts
jeepcj258 said:
Hey all,
I am contemplating moving to Vicksburg, from Oxford. Can any body tell me if there are any local trails or were the nearest trails are?

Thanks for the help.

God Bless
Seth
I live in the Jackson area so I'm not the most knowledgeable. I don't think there's much for trails in Vicksburg, though I love to take my road bike through the Military Park. There are 3 trails in the Jackson area: one in Ridgeland, one in Brandon and one in Clinton.

Maybe post something at www.msmtb.org and someone may know more than I do.

op

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not Much...

I just moved out of V'burg after a 6 year tour. Aren't any true mtb trails in town. Your nearest options are the 3 mentioned in Jackson, Lincoln Parish Park in Ruston, LA is only about an hour & 15 min away and is a very nice system, and Homochitto is about 1.5 hrs south and is pretty nice. Also as mentioned, the military park is great for training, as is the Natchez trace. But I never was much of a roadie.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping at least for something to play on during the week, it will be hard to make those trail that are over an hour away during the week. I am not much of a road biker, but it looks like I may need start being more of one.

brewdawg, why did you leave vburg? were did you go?

God Bless
Seth

·
Registered
55 Posts
Went to Arkansas

Moved to Arkansas for job transfer/promotion. MS will always be home, but I'm much better off in central AR for mtb riding...There's probably 200 miles of dedicated singletrack within 2 hrs. of my house here. Over 50 miles within a 20 minute drive...I'm much enjoying that change.

But we enjoyed living in V'burg as well and do miss it. Just not the biking side of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts