Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm loving my new 29"er but I does seem to pic up speed rather quickly! I was wondering if anyone here runs a Vicious fork with a 185mm disc and if they have cleared it first with Vicious Cycles. I'd rather not trouble them with an email as their time is much better spent making bikes ;)
Thanks in advance,
Luke

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
i've got a kelly...

i run a kelly disc fork on my 29er, and i run a 180mm hope mono mini. i had a conversation with chris kelly on the 180mm set up. he said everything but a flat out no (he thinks a good disc brake with a 160mm rotor is good enough). he told me to check my fork frequently.

the kelly forks have fatter tubing in the legs when compared to a vicious (i have a vicious canti 29er fork in my garage for sale). the skinnier legs on the vicious help it feel abit smoother than the kelly i am running now. i am not going to say that the kelly is a stronger fork though, i have no proof for that. i am 180 and never felt scared of riding either the vicious or kelly.

also, a thing to remember is, with a canti fork, you put braking pressure on both legs. with a disc fork, you put all that pressure on one leg. i may get a 160mm hope set up, just for peace of mind.

cheers!

LJintheUK said:
I'm loving my new 29"er but I does seem to pic up speed rather quickly! I was wondering if anyone here runs a Vicious fork with a 185mm disc and if they have cleared it first with Vicious Cycles. I'd rather not trouble them with an email as their time is much better spent making bikes ;)
Thanks in advance,
Luke

·
Derailleurs owned: 0
354 Posts
dual front discs?

Will we soon see dual front disc forks/hubs?

"with a canti fork, you put braking pressure on both legs. with a disc fork, you put all that pressure on one leg."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.