Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my ride today I stopped by my local shop and was tempted by this blue car. It'll get me to the trails fast, they say. Matches the RIP9 color it seems.

But can you put a bike rack on it? NO. Does it glow in the dark? NO! Fuhgettaboutit then!

Asking price? 2 milliion dollars. mu-ha-ha-ha!
<o bject="" width="425" height="350">

fc
</o>
 

Attachments

·
Don't be a sheep
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
francois said:
On my ride today I stopped by my local shop and was tempted by this blue car. It'll get me to the trails fast, they say. Matches the RIP9 color it seems.

But can you put a bike rack on it? NO. Does it glow in the dark? NO! Fuhgettaboutit then!

Asking price? 2 milliion dollars. mu-ha-ha-ha!
<o bject="" width="425" height="350">

fc
</o>
Meh, the Veyron isn't my cup-O-tea. Seems like a car for Miami drug dealers, expensive and well.... ugly. For those kind of duckets I'll take one each of these two. Speed and beauty personified.
 

Attachments

·
Cassoulet forever !
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
francois said:
On my ride today I stopped by my local shop and was tempted by this blue car. It'll get me to the trails fast, they say. Matches the RIP9 color it seems.

But can you put a bike rack on it? NO. Does it glow in the dark? NO! Fuhgettaboutit then!

Asking price? 2 milliion dollars. mu-ha-ha-ha!
<o bject="" width="425" height="350">

fc
</o>
Nice idea, François !
You would make a good action buying the Veyron:
It would help the French economy, indirectly helping me to buy some nice american 29"er :

By the way, i saw a picture of a Porsche carrera with a roof rack at last year Sea Otter :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Vintage Corner

Francois, may I suggest a vintage Lamborghini Espada 400GT? It's a V-12 powered four-seat granturismo with breathtaking Italian design presence, and good pre-owned examples are surprisingly affordable. They can be driven daily and there's plenty of cargo room for 29er parts (or Marzocchi girls).

http://www.timpelen.com/?car=espada_s1
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Ricky J said:
Francois, may I suggest a vintage Lamborghini Espada 400GT? It's a V-12 powered four-seat granturismo with breathtaking Italian design presence, and good pre-owned examples are surprisingly affordable. They can be driven daily and there's plenty of cargo room for 29er parts (or Marzocchi girls).
I suspect you haven't owned many Italian cars... ;)

ex-Alfa Romeo mechanic
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
39,581 Posts
A $2 million car vrs a $350,000 plane.

Compare a $2 million car against a $2 million plane, or even a $450,000 lancair or mooney...the 240kt (265mph or so) planes would kill it...

It was a good episode though...


I fly at night all the time.
 

·
LA CHÈVRE
Joined
·
9,429 Posts
Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen... so this car is half italian, half german, full crazy. But I'm sure it's more reliable than most italian cars of the past. And I think it's 4WD so it means you can take it off-road to reach those remote trails no one knows about. :p

I just checked on Thule's 'rack my car' site... they don't even list Bugatti.
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rivet said:
Meh, the Veyron isn't my cup-O-tea. Seems like a car for Miami drug dealers, expensive and well.... ugly. For those kind of duckets I'll take one each of these two. Speed and beauty personified.
Miami drug dealers?? All them million dollar exotics fit the bill.

Ugly? Just look at that cute pudgy nose...
 

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
39,581 Posts
yeah, butt-ugly unfortunatly, even more so with that two-tone paintjob. But I'd still take it.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top