Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to clean up my garage before summer comes around and would like suggestions on the best ways to store my bikes so that I can park the car in there. I have 2 adult men's, 1 womens with the sloped top tube, and two children's bikes. I am undecided between attempting a vertical mount or a ceiling mount. I only have 18" from the garage door opening to the side of the garage which might make building a vertical storage rack impractical. I am leaning towards a ceiling rack but at the same time I would like something that is easily accessible for my wife (but not a deal breaker). So far I am looking at the following two types of racks:

Saris Cycle-Glide

Home made vertical mount
http://girlonbikewrites.blogspot.com/2010/09/post-100-my-brand-new-homemade-wall.html

Any suggestions? (Pictures welcomed!)

Has anyone used the Saris Cycle-Glide? Is it durable and sturdy? There are very few reviews out there on it.

Thanks in advance!

·
beautiful jackass
637 Posts
Regarding the Saris rack - I read somewhere a while back that storing bikes upside down isn't the greatest way to treat your forks due to the oil in the legs. This of course assumes you're not riding rigid.

I've been thinking of a solution for the room in my house where I keep my two bikes. This seems like a pretty good way to do it. There are many variations if you search Google. But this system has limitations too, specifically if your top tube isn't a straight pipe.

·
Registered
914 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.