Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above really - anyone know the minimum post insertion required on a Vertex RSL? I'm about 40mm above minimum insertion marker on my 350mm EA50 post but just realised that this isn't much below the junction off seta/top tubes, which is bad in my mind.

Cheers

Rich

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
I'd say that's a bit short as well. Especially as the triangle is more compact and the effective seat tube extension above the top tube is shorter than the alloy frames.

The inner carbon seat tube on the RSL is 150mm long on my Large frame, I'd think you'd want to have the bottom of the seatpost at least 90mm below the top of the seat post clamp which puts the bottom of the post below the low point on the top tube. I just measured my RF Next post and I have 140mm of post in the frame, I could trim some of that off.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rocky - 410mm post it is then. Just gottmma find a silver thomson - the EA50 cradle wasn't quite long enough to stop my prolink rails bending slightly either!

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
A bit of asking around turned up the usual 100mm minimum insertion in the frame specification.

It turns out I have 125mm of Next seatpost in the frame on my Vertex, and the seatpost is marked off in 7 gms saving per inch of cutoff, so I'd only save 7gms to slice that extra 25mm of seatpost off, I'm not down to the crazy savings level yet, I'll leave the seatpost as is.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rocky, I'm bang on 100mm so I've ordered a nice control tech 400mm post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.