Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Funkifized
63 Posts
Cracked weld on my Blitz

I've got a cracked weld were my seat tube meets the BB. I've had a creek for the last couple of rides. I bulled my BB apart cleaned it lubed it and still have the creak. So I went in to do some closer inspection. My worst fear came true. Cracked frame. I'm three weeks away from a road trip. Now I'm in panic mode. Hope these guys are still in business.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
3WP said:
I've got a cracked weld were my seat tube meets the BB. I've had a creek for the last couple of rides. I bulled my BB apart cleaned it lubed it and still have the creak. So I went in to do some closer inspection. My worst fear came true. Cracked frame. I'm three weeks away from a road trip. Now I'm in panic mode. Hope these guys are still in business.
Interesting place post some pics up please. :eekster:

·
nycmtb.com
40 Posts
3WP said:
Almost the same as me except mine cracked almost all the way around the pivot that's welded to the seat tube right above the bottom bracket.

I have to remember to take/post pics...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yup Versus are still in business but I guess Herb are really buzy...... quite slow in replying me emails though.... I am from Singapore and trying to order some parts from him.... still waiting for his updates....
My bushing for Blitz 2 have expanded causing a gap in between the pivot

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
dblackfly said:
Yup Versus are still in business but I guess Herb are really buzy...... quite slow in replying me emails though.... I am from Singapore and trying to order some parts from him.... still waiting for his updates....
My bushing for Blitz 2 have expanded causing a gap in between the pivot
Ya he's been pretty busy Finalizing the new designs, his plan is to at least have the Valor ready before Sea Otter which is in April. He is also working on two versions of the Blitz but wont say whats up, might have to go visit him. :D

·
Funkifized
63 Posts
no longer riding Versus

Due to the sloooowww response from Versus. I am no longer riding this manufacturer. Though I would have liked to have gone with the Blitz 2 after cracking the frame on my Blitz 1. I couldnt wait around for over a month for these guys to get there act together and respond back to me. So I am no a proud owner of a Transition. I had many good years on the Blitz 1. But am super excited about about the new steed.

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.