Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
i don't have any time on a blitz but i really love the session. the bike is really over built and pedals quite well. i changed the fork to an 05 66 vf with 170mm of travel. and have changed a few other components and added a blackspire stinger guide.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
non FSR 4bar rear isn't good unless you run a floating brake......if you are using it to freeride then that is all right ....if you are trying to get down a mountain fast then I wouldn't buy it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blitz: Quality #1 - Design #2 -Indepent Frame CO #3

:thumbsup: I personally picked a 06 Blitz for my freeride/all mountain bike. I have already pedalled this rig up over 5,000 vert within a few days and I can tell you: You will be stoked on the Blitz. Multiple downhill runs and every one I get quicker. Confidence inspiring. The Trek does not come close in rear stiffness. Therefore, it corners better. It rails. Balance point very nice for manuals, seated manuals and wheelies. Needle bearings w/ External grease ports - top quality - easy service - . Custom Cnc'd junction. This is a freeride bike...and this is a race bike. Perfect choice for pedally downhill courses and Super D. Customer support has been great, you won't be put on hold, like with Trek. As for frame design and the floating brake comment. They use a very similiar design, only slight variances. Neither is a FSR, but that really doesn't matter. It performs and pins. Lay off the brakes buddy, if you think a floater is nessacary on a 170mm travel bike. Tonight, I ride at night. It's on.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ColoradoBigMountainMTB said:
:thumbsup: I personally picked a 06 Blitz for my freeride/all mountain bike. I have already pedalled this rig up over 5,000 vert within a few days and I can tell you: You will be stoked on the Blitz. Multiple downhill runs and every one I get quicker. Confidence inspiring. The Trek does not come close in rear stiffness. Therefore, it corners better. It rails. Balance point very nice for manuals, seated manuals and wheelies. Needle bearings w/ External grease ports - top quality - easy service - . Custom Cnc'd junction. This is a freeride bike...and this is a race bike. Perfect choice for pedally downhill courses and Super D. Customer support has been great, you won't be put on hold, like with Trek. As for frame design and the floating brake comment. They use a very similiar design, only slight variances. Neither is a FSR, but that really doesn't matter. It performs and pins. Lay off the brakes buddy, if you think a floater is nessacary on a 170mm travel bike. Tonight, I ride at night. It's on.
i would not be getting that one i would be gettin this one, but i dont know if there would be any difference

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
ebfreerider510 said:
give dogonfr a bit to get in here. he loves his blitz.....i have ridden with him and he keeps up with the guys on full on DH bikes. definetly a capable bike.
skill overmatches bike

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,801 Posts
i checked out the session 77 at the local shop the other day.

They do most things "right", but they also screwed up something important.

Most of the pivots are huge, making lateral flex a non issue, but the top shock bolt is very long, and just the regular size. This means that you can bend shock bolts due to how long they are (leverage) and it's pretty sad that with everything else, they didn't address this. There's a reason that the linkage plates on my turner are angled to allow for the shortest bolt as possible, and that's to prevent the bolts from bending, and wearing out the bushing and the shock mounts on the bike.

Oh well...

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
My Blitz is forsale:

Nice Freeride Rig
2005 Versus Blitz Frame Size L with Fox DHX 5.0 800lb Spring w/ FSA 0 Stack Integrated Headset.
Azonic Outlaw Wheels - 20mm Front & 12mm x 135mm Rear
NYC Freeride 12mm to 10mm Step Down Rear Axle
Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.5 Front - Maxxis High Roller 26x2.5 Rear
Stans Tubeless Setup
Azonic World Force 2.0in Rise Bars
ODI Ruffian Grips
Race Face Diabolus 50mm Stem
Truvativ Hussefelft 170mm Cranks
Truvativ Gigapipe DH ISIS BB 68/73mm x 118mm BB
MRP World Cup System 2 Chain Guide 40t Max
Marzocchi 66RC2 170mm Travel - Very Nice Fork!!
SRAM 990 Cassette
SRAM 950 Chain
Shimano DX 7 Platform Pedals
Titec 30.9 Seat Post
Titec Berserkr Seat
Hope QR Seat Clamp
Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur
SRAM Attack Trigger Shifter

DOES NOT COME WITH HOPE MONO 4 BRAKES!

$2500.00

·
Registered
73 Posts
One More tick for the Versus

I have the old Blitz with a 150mm travel 66RC and couldn't love it more. If I want to ride twenty miles on the street I put some hookworms on and go. If I want to go downhill I put some Kenda's or Maxxis on and I go. It does everything except skateparks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.