Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need help being pointed in the right direction. I'm looking to purchase a Heart Rate monitor for someone with a Samsung Galaxy phone. I'm looking for something that will be able match up to some sort of fitness app to track HR, distance etc. The person I'm getting it for does a combination of road, mountain and stationary biking so I'm looking for something that would work for all 3. Cadence and stuff would be cool but not vital.

Any suggestions on brands out there? I keep finding products that are for Iphones only.

Thanks in advance!

·
since 4/10/2009
35,287 Posts
You need to know specifically which phone. "Galaxy" isn't enough. Which model? What wireless protocols does it have? It also helps to decide on an app first then choose the hrm that particular app supports.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
You might also want to check out Adidas' HRM and app called miCoach: http://shop.numetrex.com/product/adidas-bluetooth-smart-heart-rate-monitor-with-textile-strap/

It apparently works with Android 4.3 now. It's more of a training/coaching app that guides you through workouts/runs/cycling/etc. I've been using it this winter on the treadmill and bike trainer (I use the iphone version). My only beef so far is that the UI isn't as clean as Strava and some of the other apps...at least IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.