Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Burlington area, and ride Hinesburg and Carse trails mostly, but also Perry Hill, Stowe, Millstone, and occasionally Kingdom Trails. For the last 5-6 years, I have been running Nevegals (always tubeless). I use the same tire all season; I barely have time to ride, let alone change tires when the conditions change, which is of course constantly. Just bought a new bike, and it came with Schwable Racing Ralph's, which seem the polor opposite of the Nevegals. While I love the Nevegals, the high rolling resistance and high weight are wearing me down, so I am looking for help. 29er only.
Anyone have any experience with the Ralphs? What do you people run??

·
vermonter
215 Posts
i've been running a WTB wierwolf 2.5 on the front on my bike for the last 5 years. Love it for the way it holds a line in a corner regardless of conditions. Every time i test myself with a different tire on the front i am disappointed and go back to the wolf. On the back i use a variety of 2.2-2.3 tires anything with big aggressive knobs, i have a nevegal on now and have had a maxxis and WTB varieties in the past.

·
Registered
267 Posts
reynoldseight5three said:
i've been running a WTB wierwolf 2.5 on the front on my bike for the last 5 years. Love it for the way it holds a line in a corner regardless of conditions. Every time i test myself with a different tire on the front i am disappointed and go back to the wolf. On the back i use a variety of 2.2-2.3 tires anything with big aggressive knobs, i have a nevegal on now and have had a maxxis and WTB varieties in the past.
+1 on the weirwolf 2.5 I love those.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm still in the quest to find my ideal VT 29er tires. I have run Conti RaceKings, came on my bike, WTB Wolverines, and Rampages. I liked the RK unless it was wet or muddy, I also seemed to lose the front end a lot, rear was good though. I really liked the Wolverines, unless it was wet, mud traction was decent. They seemed to slid around on wet rocks and roots easy. I really like the rampages, they are a bit slower than the others I've run. I'm going to do some mixing and matching this season and maybe try some other ones too. I

The only tires I flated with were the RK, thorns through the tire and tube. I've been running the Wolverine and Rampages tubeless on flows with no issues at all. Run pretty low pressure, between 20 and 30psi. Want to try the RK tubeless too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.