Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and I just got a new bike this afternoon. I used to ride a lot but 4.5 years ago when I wrecked and broke my collar bone I got out of it. I finaly got the itch again and got a new Mongoose Teocali after test riding quite a few. Its not as lite as my old bike but the FS sure is nice. I rode quite a few bikes and this was one of my fav's and the price was right. I found out real quick today that Im out of shape though. Its been way too long. Got a lot of releaning to do plus learning how to handle the rear shock. What are the good rides arounnd Northern VT? any group things going on? Ive gotta find some new riding buddies now that I can ride.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Where in Vermont are you? I ride a lot on the border of VT and NH, and there is plenty of nice riding around here. In northern VT you have the Kingdom trails, though that may not be close if you are in western VT.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in Newport so Kingdom trails are only about 35 min away. I'm right on the border of canada. I just got back from doing 4 miles and Im beat I'm way outta shape but i'll get there. I live out in the woods so Ive got a good amount of riding right behind the house. Theres a couple trails so Ive gotta see where they lead. Ive got some exploring to do. there all old snowmobile trails I think but they havent been used in years. Ive tried getting through on my old 4-wheeler but 2wd 2-stroke isnt that good for exploring.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Welcome back! I just got back into MTBing a season and a half ago myself. I had taken a 10 year break and boy how the sport had changed. We used to be happy with old town roads, now you have singletrack and hucks, what the huck is that?

Hope you find some local VTers of Quebequios (?) to ride with and keep us posted on your progress. If you come south to NH give me a shout!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I put in 3.5 miles out in the woods today. Im really really out of shape. On the way back I was taken out by a turkey. i heard a rustle off to the side so I looked over and just as I did a turkey flew right into my head. knocked me right into the little brook I was crossing at the time. perfect timing for it I got a nice cool down about 200' from the house. actualy it was really really cold since the water is runoff from my pond that still had ice on it 2 days ago.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about that. It's another change that has happened since you last were riding. Turkeys and mountain bikers have had this fued going on, it is likely you got into the middle of it.

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
minkhiller said:
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about that. It's another change that has happened since you last were riding. Turkeys and mountain bikers have had this fued going on, it is likely you got into the middle of it.
Suresh and I chased one down last friday. The bastard outflew us, but only because he has no rolling resistance. Or maybe because he didn't take the winter off...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Northern Vermont

Hi. See my post below on the topic "Jay Peak are(a) Riding". You may be interested in Bromont, Quebec, too.

I'm a part-time rider with more desire to ride than time to ride. I'm looking forward to riding more this season, but I say that every spring. This year's incentive: New Gary Fisher Cake 2 DLX. That should do it!

I know, I should fill out my profile...

Brian
Highgate, VT

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive been to bromont once about 5 years ago and the guy I went with did 1 run with me and then just wanted to hang out at the water park. I didnt want to ride alone so I went with him and I do understand the apeal of Girls in bathing suits but I kinda wanted to ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
MysticFalcon said:
I'm new to this forum and I just got a new bike this afternoon. I used to ride a lot but 4.5 years ago when I wrecked and broke my collar bone I got out of it. I finaly got the itch again and got a new Mongoose Teocali after test riding quite a few. Its not as lite as my old bike but the FS sure is nice. I rode quite a few bikes and this was one of my fav's and the price was right. I found out real quick today that Im out of shape though. Its been way too long. Got a lot of releaning to do plus learning how to handle the rear shock. What are the good rides arounnd Northern VT? any group things going on? Ive gotta find some new riding buddies now that I can ride.
Do a search for Fellowship of the Wheel in Burlington. Greta bike club with good trails and ethics.

·
Registered
213 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.