1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Kingdom is real sweet. Here is another link for a place similair but a little smaller. This may be on your way to the Kingdom Trails.

http://www.millstonehill.com/touringcenter.html

This is the only place were I have ever riding that has a natural A/C system on some of the trails. Diffintely with it for a day or two but not much more.

There is a lot of infomation on both at www.nemba.org

·
Registered
410 Posts
The Kingdom is King.....

I love that place. Great flow up there. whenever I get tired of riding the local rock garden trails I head up there for some truly perfectly constructed trails. I'll be there July 12, 13 and will do several 6 A.M. day trips this summer if all goes as planned. I might take one of my KT trail days and try some lift accessed riding over at Killington, Snow or Sugarbush but still need my 4 or 5 days in KT:)

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Labour Day trip for me, it will be my first time up to Vermont. Can't wait!! :thumbsup:

·
well mannered lout
3,412 Posts
Was there last weekend...going back for the 4th. Every time I finish a run down Sidewinder or Kitchel I get off my bike giggling like a child. No other place gives so much thrill for so little risk.
Quick lesson for those not in the know...KTA is a trail system totalling 100 miles of super buff mtb specific trails on mostly rolling hills. Most of it is built by permission on private land. It's pay to ride ( $40/year) but completely worth it.Check their site for the whole scoop.
Kingdom Trails and Santos are the two great mtb trails projects that prove what's possible.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Headed up this Thursday.........

I can recommend the Comfort Inn of St. Johnsbury....it literally it the "taj Mahal" of Comfort Inns . you can easily access Kingdom Trails and Millstone from there. Don't miss a swim at Lake Willouby when in the area too.....south beach is nice. Miss Lyndon Diner in Lyndonville is recommended. Trout River brewing is a must visit also....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great Place to Ride and Chill for the Weekend

I was up there last weekend for a couple of days, and really enjoyed the place. My wonderful girlfriend surprised me with a trip to Kingdom Trails!!!!

We stayed at the Wild Flower Inn, and the food was really good by the way.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
well mannered lout
3,412 Posts
The best food we found up there is Crumb's bakery,Lyndonville, for breakfast or lunch, and Kerrigans Deli, W burke?, for sandwiches. The Freighthouse always does a good job too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Vermont

Vermont is an absolutely beautiful state. I grew up in Rutland, VT, just a few hours south of the Kingdom Trails, but never actually made it up there. I used to ride Killington a lot, but it has changed a lot over the last 10 years. I moved to New Jersey 8 1/2 years ago and regret it everyday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.