Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding in the 50 this year? I'm going for my second time.

Forecast looks like rain Thursday+Friday, I'm hoping it has time to dry up before Sunday.

If you're riding it, or have ridden it before, any tire recommendations? I'm currently setup with a Forekaster 2.6 front, Rekon 2.4 rear. The forecast has me wondering if the Rekon will be outgunned.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Anyone riding in the 50 this year? I'm going for my second time.

Forecast looks like rain Thursday+Friday, I'm hoping it has time to dry up before Sunday.

If you're riding it, or have ridden it before, any tire recommendations? I'm currently setup with a Forekaster 2.6 front, Rekon 2.4 rear. The forecast has me wondering if the Rekon will be outgunned.
Seems like a lot of rubber for a course that is mostly doubletrack and gravel, but the last time I raced it was 2008. Things were very different back then. I always used fast rolling tires and nothing fatter than 2.1 or 2.2.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like a lot of rubber for a course that is mostly doubletrack and gravel, but the last time I raced it was 2008. Things were very different back then. I always used fast rolling tires and nothing fatter than 2.1 or 2.2.
I'd like the tires to be useful after the race, and I don't do much XC, so I'm trying to stick to wider rubber. They're going on 30mm rims.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.