Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
motoman better watch out! nice sunny day...no time to ride, so i'm making lemonade...

Attachments

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i did move up to a full 24 inch drop after warming up

pics taken by 5 year old...so of course they are much STIL

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
You are crazy, a loose cannon, out of control, untamed,.....:D

MCD, what does that stand for?
More
Crazy
Drops

Nice deck and rock

-Dan

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
mcd said:
motoman better watch out! nice sunny day...no time to ride, so i'm making lemonade...
Dude, I hope you have a warranty on that frame.. You won't catch me doing such craziness! I am making the move from 6 to 7" (drop, you perverts) soon though!

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
step by step instructions for going big like me:)

I've been watching all the huckers at vietnam pretty close for over a year now and finally decided to go big!

I spent an hour standing on the edge of my deck checking out the landing, doing some digging and clearing of the transition area, then a little ball scratching, then rolling my bike up to the edge to check speed, then, waited for my 5 year old to get the correct angle for the picture, then trying to talk my 8 year old into going first so I could see how she did it, then i walked my bike over and down the drop a couple of times to check the roll out, then had my 2 year old stand near the edge so she could grab me if i needed to bail, then checked my shock settings one more time, spent a little time trying to think up a really "wicked" name for my new "feature", finally the kids got bored and told me to just go for it dude so i rocked that mo'fo', and now i'm going to post the video on the free-ride forum to show em a 29er can go big.:D

if only we had bigger tires:madman:

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xrmattaz said:
The chubby fella.
I'll tell HER you said that...she already rides a fixie...and i totally limit her to 2 happy meals a day:eek: !! Seriously, she's never had a happy meal, and she just turned 2 last month, so believe me, she'll naturally slim up, the 8 year old in the other pic looked just like her at that age, so no worries here, but thanks for looking out for me...i couldn't tell if your post was a joke or serious, hence this reply.

·
Registered
192 Posts
mcd said:
I've been watching all the huckers at vietnam pretty close for over a year now and finally decided to go big!

I spent an hour standing on the edge of my deck checking out the landing, doing some digging and clearing of the transition area, then a little ball scratching, then rolling my bike up to the edge to check speed, then, waited for my 5 year old to get the correct angle for the picture, then trying to talk my 8 year old into going first so I could see how she did it, then i walked my bike over and down the drop a couple of times to check the roll out, then had my 2 year old stand near the edge so she could grab me if i needed to bail, then checked my shock settings one more time, spent a little time trying to think up a really "wicked" name for my new "feature", finally the kids got bored and told me to just go for it dude so i rocked that mo'fo', and now i'm going to post the video on the free-ride forum to show em a 29er can go big.:D

if only we had bigger tires:madman:
Nice work "brah!" As for me, I spent an hour at the shop today mulling over the perfect radio antenna-looking handlebar to complement my bro-built, soul-infused, steel-is-real frame. Then, I grew a beard and dropped $85 on a wool jersey because I eschew materialism. After that, I went on a ride with the fellas and nearly wept as I noticed how much easier it was to roll over little rocks and roots with my big wheels. I ran into a guy with a Ti newsboy style frame and spent a half hour talking to him about how nice his welds were and asking him "how that rigid fork was working for him." Finally, I headed back to pound a couple of obscure microbrews with the guys, and smugly reminded myself of how different and unique I am.

Haha - we're all stereotypable... :D

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
panthro said:
Nice work "brah!" As for me, I spent an hour at the shop today mulling over the perfect radio antenna-looking handlebar to complement my bro-built, soul-infused, steel-is-real frame. Then, I grew a beard and dropped $85 on a wool jersey because I eschew materialism. After that, I went on a ride with the fellas and nearly wept as I noticed how much easier it was to roll over little rocks and roots with my big wheels. I ran into a guy with a Ti newsboy style frame and spent a half hour talking to him about how nice his welds were and asking him "how that rigid fork was working for him." Finally, I headed back to pound a couple of obscure microbrews with the guys, and smugly reminded myself of how different and unique I am.

Haha - we're all stereotypable... :D
LOL! i almost spewed my Newport Special summer release maelstrom IPA out my nose:D :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
mcd said:
LOL! i almost spewed my Newport Special summer release maelstrom IPA out my nose:D :D
Haha - cool, glad you liked it. BTW, your post was funny because its true that every lame-o-la FR/DH extreme video has those requisite shots with shovels and Oakleys and kicking dust off the lip and all that set to some rad metal. Nice pics for a five year old by the way...!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.