Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
i tried searching in the review area,and there dont seems to have any reviews on the XTR 2007 36 engagement hubs..

so can anyone here please come in and share your experience?

thanks,
ROCKY

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got wheel set built this winter with the XTR hubs, now bear to mind that I have only used cheap hubs before these. A couple things I noticed they are quiet, real smooth and roll well in my opinon, and I think the engagement is great. So far they have takes a lot of abuse and keep going strong. I would like to try a set of king hubs one day but I would not hesitate to buy the XTR hubs again.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Well I've owned most hubs so I feel I can offer an objective opinion.

They are brillant.

I have been riding 975 wheels now for 6 months quite hard and they are great.

Best MTB wheelset I have owned but not the most expensive.

Hubs are well sealed, have little drag and I love the freehub engagement.

What more can I say......get them and ride them!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool....ah i have waited this far to see yours reply.thanks man.

i got myself a xtr m975 hubs too recently.

i was thinking of hope pro ll,340,a2z,megan racing initially

·
Registered
371 Posts
what's the first model of XTR hubs with the higher engagement freehub? Do 965's have the 36 point freehub?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THE M975,which comes with 36 engagement is quite a good hub.i just got it 2 weeks ago when i started this thread.the verdict still not out yet,since its under 2 weeks of usage.thats why i hope more of you guys would come in to share this if you are using it longer than i do.

2 weeks usage reviews: smooth,not really silent,there is this small clicking sound.36 engagement can be felt quickly.acceleration was great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.