Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Sail On!
248 Posts
Sweeeeet! Finally a dedicated FS 650B bike! Any geometry specs to go with that? Is Ventana going to add this to their line of bikes? Inquiring minds want to know.

Attachments

·
nothing relevant to say
1,372 Posts
Yep and Yep

I spoke with Sherwood and Teresa at the end of the show. El Bastardo will be a 5" travel and for the show it was built with the White Bros 130, 20mm. They are adding it to the line AND will be offering the rear swing arm kit to builders. Production swing arms will be a little longer for clearance of muck and such. It will be offered in steel and aluminum kits. As for the name, it was originaly a joke, but it stuck. Its funny and really represents what this wheelsize really is!

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Cracked Headtube said:
I spoke with Sherwood and Teresa at the end of the show. El Bastardo will be a 5" travel and for the show it was built with the White Bros 130, 20mm. They are adding it to the line AND will be offering the rear swing arm kit to builders. Production swing arms will be a little longer for clearance of muck and such. It will be offered in steel and aluminum kits. As for the name, it was originaly a joke, but it stuck. Its funny and really represents what this wheelsize really is!

Waaaaaaaaaay cool..........did Sherwood make any comments on how he feels about the 650b or 27.5 " wheelsize after getting a chance to put it to the test personally ? :) TIG.

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
My next bike

Cracked Headtube said:
Wow, that is so cool. Best of both worlds.

And I like the name.

TIGMAN said:
Waaaaaaaaaay cool..........did Sherwood make any comments on how he feels about the 650b or 27.5 " wheelsize after getting a chance to put it to the test personally ? :) TIG.
The fact that it is going into production should tell you all you need to know :)

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
OK...I missed something here. What wheels, and specifically the rims, are used on that Ventana? And what tires are those? Is this just a mock-up bike or something? Not enough travel for my dark desires, but a good start regardless. A couple of times in the past, I nearly bought a Ventana frame. They make quality stuff.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
TIGMAN said:

TIG.....spoke to him at great lengths at the NAHMBS and he really hasn't put anytime on his bike yet, allthough maybe Kirk Pacenti can chime in on how much he likes his El Bastardo, as i think he's been on his a few times.

·
Bike Shop Girl
234 Posts
The rims from what I have been seeing in photos are a prototype Sun. The tires look like the Neo Moto's but that's just by looking at the side tread.

·
Bike Shop Girl
234 Posts
On the Ventana that has been featured in white.. there are Sun rims on them. As for the cane creek wheels, I've been riding a pair for a couple weeks now. They are super stiff due to the Sapim CX Ray spokes. Nice wheel, keeps more of the rotating weight towards the hub with the patented Crono design.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Arsbars said:
On the Ventana that has been featured in white.. there are Sun rims on them. As for the cane creek wheels, I've been riding a pair for a couple weeks now. They are super stiff due to the Sapim CX Ray spokes. Nice wheel, keeps more of the rotating weight towards the hub with the patented Crono design.
this one?? ....good to know Sun is coming up with rims too....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts