Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered up an El Ray and I have a Fox F29. I see on Ventana's website that they offer replacement lower crown races in two different sizes.

First off should I be getting one to help with clearance with this fork and if so which size would be best (7mm or 4mm)?

Thanks all!

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
4,024 Posts
I run a F29 on my El Rey with no clearance issues. Some say the steering is too twitchy. I like it that way!

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
The replacements crowns were offered up for folks who go early production models and OTHER frames that had clearance issues, newer productions (like yours) have no clearance issues.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
berrywise said:
Awesome. Thanks guys. My frame ships today and I have my build kit all laid out ready to be installed. Can't wait to post lots and lots and lots of pics.
Sweet, have fun building it and looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
425 Posts
berrywise said:
I ordered up an El Ray and I have a Fox F29. I see on Ventana's website that they offer replacement lower crown races in two different sizes.

First off should I be getting one to help with clearance with this fork and if so which size would be best (7mm or 4mm)?

Thanks all!
Are you running a 100 or 120? I am trying to decide between the F120 and the Fluid 135 on my El Rey. Our shop demo (El Rey 17") is getting a 120 F29, so I may ride that before I make my decision.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
HUH!! But will you still be saying this when the new Reba comes out?
yeah, you would be better off with the new Reba...I am sure it will rock.

For my needs, the Fox is perfect and I would rather have it than the Reba. If I were doing more aggro riding I would get the Reba but at my weight and riding, the Fox with a 9mm DT ratchet skewer is EXACTLY what I want...though I understand why people are stoked on the new Reba

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
The I9 Enduros with the DT 9mm RWS thru-bolt-axle-thingy are good enough for now with the Reba, and probably better with the Fox. Eventually, I'll get the Maxle-Lite Reba for riding the local chunk on the Sultan and use the Reba I have now on a 29er to be named later.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Im running a WB 110

dawgcatching said:
Are you running a 100 or 120? I am trying to decide between the F120 and the Fluid 135 on my El Rey. Our shop demo (El Rey 17") is getting a 120 F29, so I may ride that before I make my decision.
And i really like it alot. the combo of the WB 110mm of travel and the 44m offset really makes the bike handle great. If i'd buy another fork it would be a F29 120mm reduced to 110mm travel using a 10mm fox spacer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.