Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you gentlemen (term used very loosely) tried the new ventana rigid fork?

i want to replace the fork on my bike from the karate monkey and was wondering about any experience out there in terms of comparison to the KM or other 29er fork.

cheers,
erik
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome...thanks! i actually send an email to the "Tech" address but about 2 days after i sent it it was returned indicating it gave up trying to send it. i was gonna call on monday but this is better. thanks again! that is then considerably lighter than the karate monkey i believe so good news.
 

·
post-ride specialist
Joined
·
4,005 Posts
The V fork I put my grubby paws over look really nice. And S'wood was obviously proud. But, Faux, I'd figure you'd be more interested in the Bonti carbon fork.
 

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
Joined
·
172 Posts
Alas, we are in the two-week limbo phase of getting a new DSL service at the shop...so we have not been getting emails nor will we get any in the near future...looks like another week and a half until our email is back on line.

But on the bright side, I have been getting a lot more done without the electronic distractions of email and internet surfing.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sherwood said:
Alas, we are in the two-week limbo phase of getting a new DSL service at the shop...so we have not been getting emails nor will we get any in the near future...looks like another week and a half until our email is back on line.

But on the bright side, I have been getting a lot more done without the electronic distractions of email and internet surfing.
ah....I see.

i thought you were just avoiding me like everybody else does :)
 

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
Joined
·
3,810 Posts
Rigid Fork

Sherwood,

Do you plan to offer this fork as component or just as a frame set? I'm looking for a nice rigid v-brake fork for my Merlin HT......it's being turned into a commute bike. If so what is the Axle to Crown dimensions and any other specs you can release on this site. cheers ;)

sherwood said:
Alas, we are in the two-week limbo phase of getting a new DSL service at the shop...so we have not been getting emails nor will we get any in the near future...looks like another week and a half until our email is back on line.

But on the bright side, I have been getting a lot more done without the electronic distractions of email and internet surfing.
 

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
Joined
·
172 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
Sherwood,

Do you plan to offer this fork as component or just as a frame set?
Yes, it is available aftermarket. Price is $250, and color is black. For those who purchase one with our hardtails, we will paint it to match free of charge.

mtnbiker4life said:
If so what is the Axle to Crown dimensions and any other specs you can release on this site.
A to C is 480mm, and fork rake is 43mm (suspension adjusted for 80mm WB fork). And since these are built to order we can also build other lengths and offsets for a small upcharge.
 

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
Joined
·
172 Posts
Pauliemon said:
Are you going to be welding canti mounts on those forks Sherwood? Or are they going to be disc only?
Disc only for the "production" forks. But, since this fork is built to order, we can easily add canti bosses and/or remove disc tab if someone wants it that way. For the right price, I will build just about anything within reason...just ask...
 

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
Joined
·
3,865 Posts
Does that include steel frames?

sherwood said:
Disc only for the "production" forks. But, since this fork is built to order, we can easily add canti bosses and/or remove disc tab if someone wants it that way. For the right price, I will build just about anything within reason...just ask...
I half hoping the answer is no because I'll be kicking myself :D
 

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
Joined
·
172 Posts
abscar said:
I half hoping the answer is no because I'll be kicking myself :D
Sure I can build a steel frame, but...why? There are tons of qualified steel builders who can likely build what you need in less time and for far less money than I could. If you gotta have Ventana then I guess I can feed your addiction, but if you are that committed then maybe an intervention is in order. I hear Sycip and Inglis offer counseling for the wayward steely eyed few.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top