Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I proudly introduce a couple of Sherwoods latest 29" products.....the ElComandante, the Padrino, and a couple of the new 29er forks all showed up here on friday which made it really difficult to get out of here on time. As usual Ventana provides us with top quality paint & unmatched aluminum welds.

The Elcomandante: Sherwood ..... can you explain the need of having bottle openers on both the frame and the fork. ? Are you assuming most of us Ventana owners have a drinking problem ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
29er forks

steel forks done very nicely....i thought you only knew how to weld aluminum ? Good job......i'd like to see a zip tie mount at the top of the left fork blade.

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
guess it doesn't really matter.......yours, mine....we seem to be following in each others footsteps lately ;)

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
I predict, the X-5 will be on the chopping block despite your numerous claims to the contrary, and that you will be purchasing an El Capitan. That will occur in a year of so.

First, you will possibly dump the niner for El Commandante.

It's just a frame swap, and you could probably get most of the $975 out of the Niner frame sale.

E

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Enel said:
I predict, the X-5 will be on the chopping block despite your numerous claims to the contrary, and that you will be purchasing an El Capitan. That will occur in a year of so.

First, you will possibly dump the niner for El Commandante.

It's just a frame swap, and you could probably get most of the $975 out of the Niner frame sale.

E

E.....you related to nastradomus ?

damn good predictions !

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
I wish I knew what length (a-c) fork gives that HA?

The geometry chart has fork offset in the space for a-c.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Weak...........................

FoShizzle said:
how dare you Chad!? you know I am weak.....

............. me too! Sweet lookin frames but I think I've depleted my bike purchase budget for awhile buying two Ventana frames in the past year! I really could see a 29er in my future though!!!!!!! TIG.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
You wont be disappointed with your El Commandante.
Just got back from a local 12 hour night race and took mine despite the rest of my team riding geared.
The El Commandante absolutely rocked.

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
172 Posts
nwmtb said:
Sherwood ..... can you explain the need of having bottle openers on both the frame and the fork. ? Are you assuming most of us Ventana owners have a drinking problem ;)
The"beverage" opener is provided on the fork for those aftermarket customers who don't have the preparedness of having one on the back of their bike. But if you think it is for some other reason, I won't argue with you. As a general rule, I never pick fights with people wearing foggy/crusty beer goggles.

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
172 Posts
nwmtb said:
steel forks done very nicely....i thought you only knew how to weld aluminum ? Good job......i'd like to see a zip tie mount at the top of the left fork blade.
I made steel bikes long before I started building in aluminum. And I am working on that top of the left leg zip tie mount. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sherwood said:
I made steel bikes long before I started building in aluminum.

Thanks for the reply, and history lesson Sherwood, you wouldn't have any of these artifacts laying around would you ? IMO...... It would be pretty cool to see some of your earlier work.

later, Chad

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Enel said:
I changed my Sig to help you (and me) keep things in perspective!
Great...pull out the Luke 12:15 card on me!

In terms of a loophole, what would Luke say if I actually "replaced" one of my bikes with the El Comandante since that would not really be "adding" to my posessions :p

1 - 20 of 78 Posts