Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to store some bikes in a room in our house. I like both of these options because they "fold" and all your to hinge the bike against the wall.

Does anyone have experience with either? Steadyrack is around $80 a piece. Velohinge is like $20 a piece. Wondering if the steadyrack is that superior.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Both seem to have good reviews, why spend the extra money if you don't have to? I vote velohinge. In fact, I'm ordering one now for myself.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
The only caveat on the Velohinge is if you have aero rims with carbon fairings...obviously not an mtb concern. Hooks like the Velohinge put a fair mount of pressure on the inside of the rim, greater than the weight of the bike. It's easily calculated as the weight of the bike times (1/[email protected]) where @ is the angle between horizontal and the line from the front axle to where the hook touches the rim. If that's 30 degrees, the force on the rim is twice the weight of the bike. If it's 20 degrees, it's three times the weight of the bike. Most CF aero rims are OK, but on some, the deep aero part is a non-structural faring which is easily damaged. The Steady Rack supports the bike by the front tire.

I hang my bikes, including with aero CF road rims, by hooks similar to the Velohinge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.