Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I could use a Nevegal 2.35 on my VXC rims without any mounting or performance problems?

I would be using no tubes with them.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
VXC rims are not designed to be used without inner tubes.

I have run 2.6" tires on the VXC and regularly use 2.3-2.5 tires on them - with tubes.

Wide tires on narrow rims does affect the performance. Whether it is a good or bad affect depends on your riding style and personal preferences. I happen to like it.

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do understand.....thanks shig

Thanks shig, I currently have 2.0 tire on the rims and find that I'm wanting more protection for the rim, as I don't want to dent it bad with the lower tire pressure and the faster harder riding I'm doing.

I understand that any rim that is not UST is not to be used with out a tube. I have never used the VXC with tubes so I can't say what the difference would be. I converted them over with stan's right away. They have held air great and currently have four holes that have been sealed. There is four flat changes that I have avoided. I don't think I will ever go back to tubes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.