Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dream it, Do it.
1,782 Posts
Good so far

Contact Mike Garcia at www.oddsandendos.com (1-866-292-0124) to get his input on the Synergy rims vs some of the other choices around. He built me a set of wheels using the Synergy rims and they have held up well so far. The rear rim is asymmetrical to reduce the amount of wheel dish. I've been quite happy with the Velocity Synergy rims.

·
Dream it, Do it.
1,782 Posts
Also, Synergy rims may not be so stiff laterally

I'm fairly light, but as the Synergy rims are fairly narrow, they may not be as stiff laterally as a stouter rim. I would not choose the Synergy rims as a freeride rim. However, I chose the Synergy rims because Mike Garcia said that they are a bit more durable than the race-oriented Mavic XC 717 rims. Again, Mike Garcia can probably give you more detailed information and a better comparison to other rim choices.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Very happy with the Synergy. Using it for a rear build. Was using Bonti Mustangs, but those are getting hard to find for some reason, and the Synergy was a good replacement.

It's in the same weight ballpark, about 410-430g, it is offset for less dish, and it's available in nifty colours. Plus it was easy to build.

JmZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.