Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Mavic 819 in the front and like it very much, but want to go to a much wider rim. Ideally would like to upgrade to P35 rim, but not sure if P35 has any kind of tubeless/UST design, or are they simply just converted tubeless via their rim tape without any built-in mechanical tubeless/UST design?

If so, I will probably go with Bontrager Duster rim, as I really want a rim with built-in UST/tubeless design....I had nothing but great experience using either UST or UST-compliant tires on my 819 rims, so I want to keep it that way.

Any other suggestions concerning wide UST or inofficial UST-compliant rims in 500 gram range (+/- 50grams). I would like at least 23mm (or wider) inner rim width.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
fizzywater said:
I am running Mavic 819 in the front and like it very much, but want to go to a much wider rim. Ideally would like to upgrade to P35 rim, but not sure if P35 has any kind of tubeless/UST design, or are they simply just converted tubeless via their rim tape without any built-in mechanical tubeless/UST design?

If so, I will probably go with Bontrager Duster rim, as I really want a rim with built-in UST/tubeless design....I had nothing but great experience using either UST or UST-compliant tires on my 819 rims, so I want to keep it that way.

Any other suggestions concerning wide UST or inofficial UST-compliant rims in 500 gram range (+/- 50grams). I would like at least 23mm (or wider) inner rim width.
The Velocity does not have the bead lock ridge of UST spec rims.

I really like my Dusters. Very easy to use with UST tires.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mntbiker72 and shiggy:
Thank you for the clarification and feedback.

I'll call WTB tomorrow about availability info for their Laser TCS All Mountain Race rims...those sound interesting. If not available soon, I'll go with the Dusters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts