Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rim has an internal width of 39mm and outer width of 45mm. Have seen one picture of this set up on here, it was a guys girlfriend's bike. He showed picots of it. Said it worked well. Does anyone have any real world experience with this set up? Does it roll over on the rim or does it just round out the tire more, which os what I am hoping for.... for better cornering. Coming from the Mulefut 80mm rims.
Chime in if you have ridden this set up. Just spitballin'

Thanks.

· Registered
857 Posts
I have two sets of 50mm rims on Hodags. I tried Jumbo Jims and it felt like they were going to roll off the rims, the sidewalls are just way too soft. It would be interesting to see Hodags mounted up on some Duallys.
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

· Rippin da fAt
11,978 Posts
In all honesty, I have ridden a pair of 47mm trials rims with Surly Larry 120 tpi tires and have to say, cornering was a joke. Enough air to keep the tire from peeling to the side and they had a piss poor ride quality. We tried a pair of JJ 4.0's and the tire just didn't have the sidewall support at a reasonable pressure and at higher pressure, they had the traction of a 2.0 at 90 psi.

4.0's on 65mm rims work very well with great versatility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.