Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to mountain biking, but trying to learn as much as possible as quick as I can.
Thanks for all the info that is posted in these forums.
My question is: Does anyone run the WTB Velociraptor front tire on the rear also? I really like the tread pattern. I also like it because it looks like it could be run on the road. Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
You could but the drive traction will be lacking.

Any tire can be used on the road. Full knobby treads can be squirrelly on tarmac. The VelociRaptor is one of the last tires I would pick for regular pavement-pounding.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I've never cared for the Velociraptor front tire, but I think I would actually like the front more on the rear than the front. Like Shiggy, it would not be my first.....or second or third choice for road use.

What type of riding do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I run velociraptors on my rear tire (but the actual rear tire) and it seems to work fine, but I predominantly ride my MTB on trails. Just from looking at the tread pattern I guess the front would work ok as the back tire on the road, but if you're going to do a lot of riding on the road you might want to get a more road based tire.

·
adult onset ADHD
149 Posts
Road and trail, kinda my dilemma

I have 3 small but interesting places to ride near home. The trails are all less than about a 12 mile road ride to get there. The 12 mile away trail includes about a 1000' elevation change. I have been riding the Fire Pro 2.1 tires but I have warn them out and they need replacement. I was thinking of going with WTB Mutano 2.14 front and rear.
My other trail ride, I have to take the car, it's deep woods, some logging skid trails and loamy forest floor. Opinions on the Mutanos?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
grawbass said:
I've never cared for the Velociraptor front tire, but I think I would actually like the front more on the rear than the front. Like Shiggy, it would not be my first.....or second or third choice for road use.

What type of riding do you plan on doing?
When I can't make it to the trails for whatever the reason might be, I will ride the road for exercise. Where I live it's mainly red clay, hard pack and rock. Thanks for the responses!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.