Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while... I've had several things going on this month.
Thank you to those who have kept me up to date with PMs.

I'm going to a Velo swap tomorrow, as far as I know it is one day only. I don't know if I'll have time to shop, return, post, and go back for people. From what I understand this is a big Velo swap, but this will be my first time there so I don't know quite what to expect. If you are looking for specific items or are just interested in finding potential good deals PM me. If you like you can PM me your phone number and I will try to borrow the neighbor's cell phone and call you direct from the swap if I find anything cool. Either case pics will be sure to follow.

Let me know,
Eli-Ti

·
Registered
779 Posts
you have a big swap on Honolulu?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lame...

Ok, so the Velo swap on Oahu was super lame. Most of the bikes were road bikes. The few mountain bikes that were up were either not vintage or totally trashed. The parts were also crappy for the most part and overpriced. It looked like most of the parts were from people's junk bins.... you know, odd sized deraileurs, odd seatposts, 1/2 a crankset, pieces of a brakeset, and a few goodies that are too worn or beat up to be considered useful. The only exception was a purble ringle freewheel style hub that the guy wanted $50 for, and a set of Kooka levers (attatched to a crappy bike). I was really disappointed. Nevertheless, I did buy something.... A guy was selling some LX wheels on Mavic 138 rims for $30. I had him pull the Mtb. sized continental grand prix tires off them and sell them to me for $5. If I had needed a decent stem that was black or silver I probably would have also been happy.... there were several NOS Synchros/Control Tech etc... stems for $5, but nothing outstanding.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.
Maybe I'll have better luck on the mainalnd.
Eli

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.