Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Velo Cult!

We are going to cruise around La Jolla, PB, and Mission beach this time and end up at a bonfire.

Dress warm and leave your spandex at home and come saddle-up on the third Friday of every month. This ride is just for fun and moves at a leisurely pace. It’s just a fun comfortable cruising speed that anybody could keep up with.

Bring your cruiser, mountain bike, road bike, fixie, tall bike, or whatever else you might have. Wear a helmet and have lights.

Have a blast riding through the city, meet new friends, and encourage San Diegan's to bike commute. This is a perfect ride for convincing non-cyclists to get on a bike! We will have different routes and sometimes we might even work in a destination. Bars? Fire pits? Beaches? Who knows!?

This ride is motorist friendly and happy at all times. This is a night time ride but nothing like Critical Mass.

Who: ALL AGES WELCOME! The Cult is a community thing.
Where: 5717 La Jolla Blvd in Bird Rock (La Jolla). Look for the bicycles.
When: 7:00 PM (come early and hang out a bit if you like-BEER TIME!)

e-mail me if you want to be put on the remiders e-mail list.

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's tomorrow (Friday) again guys. this time we are going to Old Town. the ride is called the Tequila Ride. Old Town serves more Tequila than anywhere else in the world i found out recently. we will stop for a drink or two with some light food and then head back to La Jolla.

·
high plains drifter
388 Posts
hey Velo

what is the pace going to be like? is it still a beach cruiser ride .I may have a friend who wants to come but I don't think she rides much. could she handle it:thumbsup:

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mateoway said:
what is the pace going to be like? is it still a beach cruiser ride .I may have a friend who wants to come but I don't think she rides much. could she handle it:thumbsup:
yeah, of course she could do it. it's a pace anyone could ride. good for bringing the kids or even grandparents. perfect ride for the total beginner. my woman will be there and she rides a bike about 3 times a year.

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds like he got a concussion, stitches, and a busted sinus. he doesn't remember anything until he was in the ambulance. thats about 25 minutes of talking to him that he doesn't remember. all in all not too mad a crash. just a bummer. could have been any of us. freak accident.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I was wondering when those pictures of me would surface. :D

I forgot my helmet, and I never ride without it. I thought I'd be cool on such a casual ride... gaze upon my folly, and learn from me because on this ride, I was that guy.

I'm doing much better now. The road rash on my face is completely gone, and the vertigo is much less intense. I'm still fatigued and in the back brace for another month but I'll be fine.

Sky, I'll see you on a Velo Cult ride as soon as I'm healthy again.

·
used to be uno-speedo....
1,279 Posts
Damn dude :eek:

I was *I think* about one or two riders in front of you before the bridge at the scene of the accident.

That was a pretty scary site and certainly an eye opener for all those without a helmet on.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Veloculture's woman has been keeping us up to date on your recovery.

It'll be good to see you on the bike again :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.