Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is the 2nd time I've done this and have experienced the same thing both times.

I have done a "liver cleanse" cocktail where you juice certain veggies/fruits and add olive oil and drink the juice for a certain amount of time (time depends on the color of your BM).

Anyway, my HR is down between 7 and 10 beats a minute now with me having a very difficult time reaching my "old" max HR. After a decent 30 minute ride at over 20 mph and hr at 160, I did a sprint for 3 minutes before I could get 180 HR, my max is 184. I was at all out max effort for those 3 minutes, sweat was dripping off of me, not just drops, streams

Anyone else ever hear of this or am I just a freak?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Lower then normal glyocgen storage.

If all you are eating for a few days is veggie and fruit juice is it not at all suprising that you are seeing a decline in maximal performance. Personally I recommend that you stop trying to detoxify your liver and focus on getting a well balanced nutrient dense diet for the rest of your life. It is a mistake to do anything nutritionally that you could not feasibly continue forever. Your not a freak. Anyone that radically changes thier food intake to that degree will see a disturbance in performance.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pedalfaraway said:
If all you are eating for a few days is veggie and fruit juice is it not at all suprising that you are seeing a decline in maximal performance. Personally I recommend that you stop trying to detoxify your liver and focus on getting a well balanced nutrient dense diet for the rest of your life. It is a mistake to do anything nutritionally that you could not feasibly continue forever. Your not a freak. Anyone that radically changes thier food intake to that degree will see a disturbance in performance.
I haven't had a decrease in performance, only HR. I eat normal food on top of the juice

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Oh good

Adding more fruits and veggies is always a good idea.

Another thing you may consider is having some sort of a time trial that you do regularly. Would give you some objective form of measurement to see if these things are helping/hurting. Something less then 30 min that is pretty flat and not techy is best. Clock your self every 3 weeks or so, and you can watch for changes.

I would not worry to much about the 7 beat difference is HR. Lower heart rate at the same rate of speed = better conditioning = faster rider. Nice work.

Hope that helps

·
I'm Idaho!
586 Posts
Agree with Pedalfaraway, that's good. I think you need to take an objective look at your post. It suggests you're eating healthier and performing better. Nothing wrong with that. Think of it the other way. If you added a Bic Mac to your daily breakfast and your HR went up easier...

And yes, you are a freak. How many people do you know that would create the fruit/veggie/oil concoction you describe? But all of us here are freaks in one way or another. So at least you're in good (bad) company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.