Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2512 Posts

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all you fellow hippies, check in here. Share recipes and other BS, tree-hugger stuff - ethical cycling gear (non-skin) perhaps?

By the way, do I still get to be part of the club if I'm a strict vegetarian (for ethical reasons) yet have a gun collection and a proud member of the NRA? :D

·
Your Best Friend
5,228 Posts
Semi serious question...What is the point of Tofurkey? If a vegetarian won't eat turkey for any number of reasons, why do they want their tofu to taste like it? :D

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,999 Posts
Bacon

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Wife's a vegetarian. I love making Tofu curry... cut firm tofu into 1/2" squares and fry in olive oil. Then mix with veggies, curry powder, cayenne, garlic, and coconut milk. (And whatever I forgot to list). Serve over freshly made jasmine rice.

Tip as well: We just discovered how awesome the Go Lean sausage in the produce section tastes. Especially if you add a little Cayenne, cumin, and curry powder.

I still eat meat, and there is nothing in the world I like better than beef. But I also really like a lot of vegetarian foods. Friggin Tempeh burgers brushed with Sriracha sauce and grilled... heaven on a plate.

·
default title
537 Posts
Semi serious question...What is the point of Tofurkey? If a vegetarian won't eat turkey for any number of reasons, why do they want their tofu to taste like it? :D
It doesn't. If you think a fake meat or cheese substitue tastes exactly like the real thing, you've been vegi/vegan for too long. :p

·
default title
537 Posts
By the way, do I still get to be part of the club if I'm a strict vegetarian (for ethical reasons) yet have a gun collection and a proud member of the NRA? :D
When the revolution comes, you'll have to defend your tofu somehow. ;)

Friggin Tempeh burgers brushed with Sriracha sauce and grilled... heaven on a plate.
That does sound awesome.

(note: vegetarian for 14 yrs, mostly vegan for 4)

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Gee, we feed the baby bacon formula, wash in bacon soap.....what kind of life is there without bacon???

6E37B467ECD0BD3CF02DCF6E57F376.jpg

093-baconsoap.jpg

2B50A5671133A75685ED47435BC8A4.jpg

M

·
0 Posts
ah, the vegan/vegetarian vs meat eater threads. always the best ever. here we go now! :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
tg, that is some imagery. carcasses and bikes. wow.

i'm marinating a steak as i type.

1 - 20 of 2512 Posts