Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After spending the morning teaching scouts the cycling basics I snuck out for a late afternoon jaunt around the Cottonwood Trail System.

1. Me on the west edge of the Landmine Loop
2. View of Red Rock from the high point on the Latenight Loop
3. Panorama of the west canyon on the Landmine loop
4. My bike basking in the afternoon sun
5. Upper Badger Pass Trail

I downloaded a program called Autostitch that automatically stitches multiple shots into panoramas. It is quite a lot of fun to play with.

mc

Attachments

·
:\ ping of death
1,092 Posts
NorthShore stunts in Vegas?! Blasphemy! :eek: :cool:

Great panoramics! Next time you go down to CottonWood let me know, I need to get acquainted with the trails out there.

·
2,093 Posts
cool panaromas matt

When you gonna get out and ride with us local mtbr guys again? It looks like early AM rides are gonna start soon. We were out today afternoon and it was getting pretty hot allready. It figures i didn't bring the camera when all of bootleg is in bloom. Ernie's trail had awesome color displays. Everything from white,yellow,red,purple and amazing bright fuscia blooms on the cactus.
See ya on the trails!

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Very cool Matt. My dad did the cycling merit badge a couple of years ago with a troop here and did mostly road, dirt road rides. No cool north shore stunts though. He's a very patient man. My hat's off to you.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stunts

Only one kid rode the ramp cleanly -- and he did it before he realized that it was supposed to be tricky (then he didn't get it again). No scouts were harmed in the bike skills section. I have to admit -- the teeter totter is pretty scary the first couple of times.

It is amazing to me how many kids around here haven't really ridden bikes. Most have never ridden beyond their own neighborhoods. I think we will be doing most of our rides on the road where bike handling skills are not required. Although, I am hoping to get at least one real mountain bike ride in with the scouts before we're done with the badge.

MC

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Nice shots Matt :)

I rode the Landmine loop yesterday late morning for the first time. I think my bike handling skills increased about 50% during the ride with all that sand! On some sections I braved staying on the bike and barely made it... in others I just washed out and had to walk. The part after the sand was a lot of fun, though there was a super steep downhill bit covered in loose rocks and gravel (the bit you can see from the road on the way to Latenight) that I got halfway down before deciding I'd want to be accompanied and wearing pads before trying it again! It's definitely getting hot out... for once I was glad of the wind.

- Jen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.