Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I run into a Vegas local out at Cottonwood or the Cowboy Trails, I ask for info on the Union Trails.

So far, I've struck out.

Seems like almost everyone I've met has never heard of them or ridden out there.

I hear rumor of trail building and an increasing trail network out there within the last year or so. Is this the case?

I checked out the area a while back and found a few miles of trail that could be connected into a loop. However, at that time there wasn't enough going on to warrant another trip when compared to Cottonwood and the Cowboy Trails.

So, has this changed? It looked like trails could go in quickly in that terrain and if the area has seen an increase in activity/attention I wouldn't be too surprised to find many more miles of trail have been added.

Is it worth taking another look?

·
Registered
30 Posts
How long are you going to be in vegas for? If you only have time for one day of riding I would do cottonwood or bootleg canyon. That being said there is trail building going on and if you haven't been in a few years than there is definitely miles more of trail. I trail run out there all the time and over the last year or two there has been many miles added on. with the roads attaching the single track sections you can probably get a 6 to 8 mile ride depending on how you loop around.

Here is a quick map I whipped up of the single track sections:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...5.984917,-115.23169&spn=0.01587,0.026994&z=15

Every time I run it I always kick a rock or two off the path, if you go feel free to do the same to help keep the trails together.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They did extend the trail in the last couple months. I live just down the street from the trailhead so I try to ride it at least once a week but I hate it. Too cardio intesive for my old lungs but it's good practice. here's a link to a GPS map that one of the guys posted.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16734914

1 - 4 of 4 Posts