Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some input. I'll be riding two full days in october with a friend.

We are looking for epic type stuff...at least 3-4 hour rides.

We are staying in Summerlin, so the south side of Vegas/red rocks area would be nice to save driving.

I have been to bootleg, and can ride it again if necessary, but wanted to check if there is anything else good in the Vegas scene.

thanks,

Eric

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Enel said:
Can anyone give me some input. I'll be riding two full days in october with a friend.
We are looking for epic type stuff...at least 3-4 hour rides.
We are staying in Summerlin, so the south side of Vegas/red rocks area would be nice to save driving.
I have been to bootleg, and can ride it again if necessary, but wanted to check if there is anything else good in the Vegas scene.

thanks,
Eric
Red Rock:
1. Cowboy Trails -- not epic, but fun in a technical climb and descent sort of way.
2. Blue Diamond -- access to nearly 100 miles of single and double track in the Cottonwood area. These trails are wide open with a few techy spots and climbs thrown in to keep you awake. If you go in the late afternoon / evening the sunsets are awesome.

I don't have a really good map of the Cowboy trails, but there is one on this forum if you look around for it. You can get a trail map from the www.Barta-nv.com web site -- plus there are a few other maps around if you look.

mbb

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Hey, I got your PM. I'll just respond here if that's OK. Matt's suggestions are spot on. There's a couple of different, good 2-3 hour loops you can string together at Cottonwood. And you can get a good 2 hour ride in at the Cowboy trails (more if you go up a second time taking a different route).

I'll be in Vegas on October 15-16. If that corresponds with your trip I'd be happy to show you around.

Here's a map of each place. Also check my description of the Cowboy trails in the trail review for directions.

Attachments

·