Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who the supplier for vee rubber tires is? Also where to purchase on line
I know Jenson has some in stock.
Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
To my knowledge "vee Rubber" is a trade name a Thai company uses to market its products under here in N America. While I believe they are probably working to increase market share, I bet that the market for auto and truck tires is much larger and they aren't pushing the bike tire thing very hard.

I think there's a Thai or international website with listings of more tires than we can actually get here, perhaps because Vee Rubber is trying to market container quantities. They also do some contract mfg for others...isn't the Surly fat tires series actually made there?

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
My shop uses Vee for repair level tires.... I wont ever buy one for my bike until they add some volume to their tires and make them tubeless ready.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Does anyone know who the supplier for vee rubber tires is? Also where to purchase on line
I know Jenson has some in stock.
Thanks
Vee Rubber owns and operates its own factories and rubber plantations. They are the supplier.

The former Kenda guy left Vee Rubber just after Sea Otter this year.

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
the 29x2.4s have decent volume and are sealant compatible (see sidewall) :)
Is that new? How does the bead feel tubeless?

Qbp diddnt carry this tire last time I checked a few months ago... I should double-check.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have called and e-mailed Vee rubber with no response. I may have to try some of the 2.4's from Jenson

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vee rubber is the subsidiary of IRC. They work on light weight motorcycle tyres, scooter, etc.

I use it for my motorcycle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How does a Vee Rubber tire ride and wear? I often wondered, I am kinda afraid of them with such a low price point.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Vee rubber is the subsidiary of IRC. They work on light weight motorcycle tyres, scooter, etc.

I use it for my motorcycle.
AFAIK there is no ownership connection between IRC and Vee Rubber. Vee Rubber does contract production for many other tire companies, which may include IRC.

Inoue Rubber Company (IRC) does have a Thailand division, Inoue Rubber (Thailand) Co.

·
Registered
116 Posts
AFAIK there is no ownership connection between IRC and Vee Rubber. Vee Rubber does contract production for many other tire companies, which may include IRC.

Inoue Rubber Company (IRC) does have a Thailand division, Inoue Rubber (Thailand) Co.
I don't know whether it is true or false but our local media who said so.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What I really want to know is how does the mission 2.4 compare with the ardent 2.4 or the RaRa 2.4 in size and volumn ? still looking for the most volumn 29er tire besides the Knard of course.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
@fixgeardan the Mission 2.4 is very comparable, volume-wise to a RaRa 2.4 and an Ardent 2.4. The Mission's knobs are quite low though, and seem to suit drier trails.

We also have the Flying Vee in 2.35 and 2.2 for testing, along with a Trax in 2.35.

Freshly mounted and no rides on either yet, but hope to get some mileage on both over the weekend.

Here's the Flying V 2.35 mounted on a Blunt SL
Bicycle tire Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Rim

From left to right: Flying V 2.35 on Blunt SL, Mission 2.4 on P35, Flying V 2.35 on P35
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Rim Synthetic rubber

From left to right: Trax 2.35 on P35, Flying V 2.35 on Blunt SL
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim

One more comparo shot:
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire

The Trax may also come in a 2.4, but none are available at the moment.

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
@fixgeardan the Mission 2.4 is very comparable, volume-wise to a RaRa 2.4 and an Ardent 2.4. The Mission's knobs are quite low though, and seem to suit drier trails.

We also have the Flying Vee in 2.35 and 2.2 for testing, along with a Trax in 2.35.

Freshly mounted and no rides on either yet, but hope to get some mileage on both over the weekend.

One more comparo shot:
View attachment 748

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Only the Mission is explicitly labelled "sealant compatible" though.

Speaking of labels, weights are listed as follows:

Trax 2.35: 720g +/- 30g
Mission 2.4: 800g +/- 30g
Flying V 2.2: 650g +/- 30g
Flying V 2.35: 740g +/- 30g

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Another comparison:

Trax 2.35 on left (new)
Mission 2.4 on right (used, maybe around 100km)

Both on P35 rims
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Rim

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.