Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the problem continued for the first half of my ride today.And than out of no where the problem just kind of seemed to go away,I know right? Hey I'm not going to question it for now.(Although it is bothering me) So anyway as for the first ride on the Vassago Jabborwalky it went pretty much like this.Very very fast bike,very very smooth bike.The whole SS thing for me was tough but worth the extra effort that it took in the long run to make this bike go.I rode in Lynn Woods today and for those of you who don't know Lynn Woods,( Lynn Ma.) someone gets air lifted out of there almost once a week (Who rides a DH bike most likly). In other words it's a VERY tuff spot to ride..Mind you I've been riding there for almost 19 years and up untill 2000 I was on a rigid Klein so I'm not trying to make excuses(at least I don't think I am.) HaHa.I will say this, the whole 29ER thing for me is here to stay I AM HOOKED ,this bike left me wanting a 29er Fully in a BAD BAD way. There is soooo something about these BIG wheels,and for me a 29er fully is a MUST have at this point. Which blows cause I just built up a $7000 plus Nicolai Helius CC 26er.Money is really tight for me right now so if I want this 29er fully NOW I'll need to unload my Nicolai in order to fund this new project. Turner Sultan? Ventana El rey? anyway I'm greatful I have this kick arse rigid SS 29er to play with because it is for sure LOTS AND LOTS OF PURE FAST FUN...:thumbsup: Forgive me and my 6th grade level grammer but I just wanted to try and give a small review of my new Vassago..Thanks guys.CF...

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I don't know if it is CRAZY FRED or the pretty pictures on the Wolfhound website that are tempting me towards rigid 29ers....or maybe it is the guy I rode with yesterday. I was riding my heavy FS and he showed up with a SS 29er Inbred with a carbon fork. He made everything look so easy.

Have to finish my tough steel SS HT 26er first :D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
These Vassagos are a great value and though I haven't ridden one, I'd like to. When it comes to the FS 29er, I am in exactly the same boat..almost. The Sultan and El Rey are in the top spot. I have pretty much kicked Lenz Lev and Moth out and only the Pivot 29er stands a chance but it still lags behind. I think I may be able to go to mtnhighcyclery soon (as early as next weekend) and take his El Rey for a spin.

Good luck selling the Nicolai- if you sell that, the SultRey is a phone call away.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sweet! Nice to hear there are some other Vassago's up here. I haven't seen to many on the trails around Mass. I finished putting mine together a week back and have only had a chance to tool around some trails in Belmont.

Post some pics if you get a chance.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's for sure a great bike,

bbuch said:
Sweet! Nice to hear there are some other Vassago's up here. I haven't seen to many on the trails around Mass. I finished putting mine together a week back and have only had a chance to tool around some trails in Belmont.

Post some pics if you get a chance.
Bro we should hook up for sure and do some arse kicking on the Vassago's New England style..PM me some time for ride hook up plans..CF..

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flyer said:
These Vassagos are a great value and though I haven't ridden one, I'd like to. When it comes to the FS 29er, I am in exactly the same boat..almost. The Sultan and El Rey are in the top spot. I have pretty much kicked Lenz Lev and Moth out and only the Pivot 29er stands a chance but it still lags behind. I think I may be able to go to mtnhighcyclery soon (as early as next weekend) and take his El Rey for a spin.

Good luck selling the Nicolai- if you sell that, the SultRey is a phone call away.
Bro you and I are on the same page so bad it's kind of scary. I too have ruled out(for the most part) the Lenz. Like you I am also VERY intrigued with the Pivot 429.. I say drop EVERYTHING and run over to Mtnhighcyclery and whip that El rey hard and get back to me A.S.A.P. :thumbsup: .HaHa, Flyer look for a PM from me on and about Sultan El rey questions.:confused: ..CF..

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
Crazy Fred - did you have to clear away some paint to get the skewer to bite well into the horizontal dropouts?

Glad you enjoyed your first foray into the world of big wheels - you won't be disappointed with a Sultan :)

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey GLG,

GreenLightGo said:
Crazy Fred - did you have to clear away some paint to get the skewer to bite well into the horizontal dropouts?

Glad you enjoyed your first foray into the world of big wheels - you won't be disappointed with a Sultan :)
No I didn't clear away some paint but that not a bad idea at all thanks.BTW it's not a skewer it's a thru bolt..Also one of the slider screws keeps coming loose. So Greenlightgo it's the Sultan you say? Thanks.CF...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Glad to hear you are liking the big wheels and the SS, yeah ha.....

Mmmm FS big wheel bike........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.