Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been broke and haven't been able to afford a Reba. So my JW is being ridden with a Manitou X-Vert 26er fork. It works and it hasn't stopped me from riding anything (even the waterfall on South Mtn). Now I have the cash to upgrade to a real fork. I was thinking 80mm would be perfect as it would more closely match the geo that it's at now. But 100mm would make it that much more plush.

So I'm curious what other Vassago guys are running...80 or 100? And which version of the Reba? I was thinking the SL but I'm open to suggestions too.

I have to admit that it's taken me this long in part for hopes that Marz would come out with something like the Reba but I can't wait any longer. I'd also be willing to check out the new Manitou if it's TPC and not SPV. Does anyone know which suspension design it has? Hopefully TPC b/c SPV really blew.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I've got 100mm Reba Race on mine. Slacks out the HT a bit, but not terribly so in my mind. It also raises the BB, which I think is a very good thing. If you're down near SoMo and ride it regularly, I'd certainly go 100 for the plush factor.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have Two Vassago's

One has a Reba Race with 100mm of travel

Second one has a White Brothers Magic 100.

Both ride great, but I prefer the White Brothers, because it has a lower axle to crown than the Reba by 10mm, and I Prefer the 44mm offset compared to the Reba's 39mm offset?

I am a hard person to ask, I prefer more travel, even if it slacks the frame a little bit.

My vote is for the WB magic 80 if you want to get closer to the Pitch forks axle to crown, but still want a little squish up front.

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I'm thinking 80 is gonna be perfect. When you finally stop wussin' out and ride Goat Camp, I'll bump it to 100...or ride the Dean again there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.