Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum...so I thought I would write a liitle didy on this past weekends xc riding. My wife is from the TC area and is an avid xc skier. She has also gotten me into the sport and usually at this time of the year we would be out skiing (she loving it, and me about ready to puke...). This past Sunday, we hit the VASA single track on the bikes. She rides a stock 2003 Klein attitude, and I have an old school Giant Sedona (1995 full STX, with a 2003 rockshok duke xc, this was when the sedona was a mtb bike, not a comfort bike)
The Vasa is one of my favorite trails, not too tough, but technical with it's numerous switchbacks and tight overgrowth...a true single track. The trail was in great shape (as always) The Traverse City citizens really take pride in their trails. Today I picked up my new bike, a 2006 Klein attitude V in bright orange (not my favorite color, but as a really short man 5'3", I have a hard time finding a bike that fits (none of the shops carry xs frames) and I had to order from Klein...only xs frame left, and 2007 bike production is apparently a question mark... have ridden my wife's bike on numerous occasions and it rocks and fits!!! I can't wait to get back to the VASA and give the new ride a whirl.
We also rode on Saturday the Leelenau trail. 10 miles up, and 10 miles back. It is paved for about the first 2.5 miles, then two track. We rode with my mother and father in-law. They are faboulous atheletes...60 + years of age and still kicking my behind. As the weather has taken a turn for the colder...it looks like I may be back to skiing shortly..

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I lived in TC before being economically exiled to SE MI the VASA single track was one of my favorites. My wife and I used to rollerblade the first couple miles of the Leelanau trail when we had our first child. We'd put him in a jogging stroller and we'd get a workout and he'd get a nap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just moved to TC from SE MI, and I couldn't be happier, well, if I had won the MegaMillions maybe, but thats beside the point. I haven't gotten a chance to ride the VASA trail yet, as the bike is still in storage until the spring breaks, but I'm excited to get out and try it. There are also so downhills in the area that I've been hearing about, one of which is supposed to be about 300 yards from my apartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.