Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Though they have similar travel (I think this years z1 has more travel now), the z1 is waayyy more FRish, and much stiffer, stronger. The vanilla, a good fork, is closer to the xc end, and a good bit lighter. I think the z1 feels much better through its travel also.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Fox is lighter but the seals don't last long if you ride agressively my damper seal blew out after 1000m of trail riding, now its going to be replaced with enduro seals hope they last longer. I have a Z1 also with way over 2000m and never had any trouble with it. good luck!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
iammlb said:
Which are the pros & cons of the two forks?
Pros:

Vanilla - lighter, adjustable low speed compression (2005 only. previous years adjustment was worthless)

Z1FR - ETA, better high speed compression damping, easier to work on, longevity

Cons:

Vanilla - High speed compression spike (pre-2005. I don't know if this issues has been solved for 2005), knocking noise on some pre-2005 forks (again, don't know if solved for 2005).

Z1FR - Heavier

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Z1 has a taller axle to crown

iammlb said:
Which are the pros & cons of the two forks?
The Fox is 505mm tall. The Marz. is 218 (I believe). So, the two forks will impact the ride of your bike: raise or lower bottom bracket and either sharpen or relax the handling.

I believe Marzocchi forks are the finest riding and most durable on the market. Hands down! However, Fox does make some great forks. I just had knocking problems with mine.

Jaybo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.