Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple request here. I did a search in the forum and a google search and didn't come up with what I need, so I'm asking here. I purchased a used PUSH'd Vanilla RLC a couple months back, and just got the bike put together today. I have taken it for a quick spin to make sure everything works OK, and now I need to dial in the fork, which brings me to my question. Could someone please tell me which knobs do what so I can get the settings correct for my ride tomorrow? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Bob

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
I don't own an RLC, but I think I can help...

On the right side of the fork looking down from the rider's point of view you should see this...

The red is rebound
The lever is lockout
The grooved thing is low-speed compression

On the other side the blue is spring preload

And on the bottom you have this friendly fellow...Lockout threshold

I'm assuming you know what all these terms mean. Threshold adjusts how firm the lockout is when you lock out the fork.

Hope that helps. Have fun on the ride tomarrow. Those forks are pretty just to look at. ;)

BTW: I have no clue which way to turn the knobs to do whatever. Just experiment.

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
rm_racer said:
bottom of the right leg (from rider's perspective) is the lock-out's blow-off threshhold (blue). on the top on the right side is the rebound (red), compression (blue knurled knob), and lockout (blue lever). on the top on the left side is the preload knob.
Awhaa...I knew someone would beat me to it. I have pictures!!!!!!!! You don't!!! Hehehehehe... :prft: :prft: :lol: :lol: :sad: :bluefrown: :incazzato: :ciappa: :cryin: :madmax: :madman: :( :D

Oh well. :p

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much!!

To both of you, my heartfelt thanks. Now I can sleep tonight..LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.