Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i measured my Vanilla 130rlc '05: rake is about 30mm.
I suspect that it's shorter than usual but I cannot find more informations on the web.
Is there a standard for 5" forks? Does someone know the actual rake of similar forks (minute, all mountain , pike....)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
30x26 said:
Today i measured my Vanilla 130rlc '05: rake is about 30mm.
I suspect that it's shorter than usual but I cannot find more informations on the web.
Is there a standard for 5" forks? Does someone know the actual rake of similar forks (minute, all mountain , pike....)?
The rake is 39mm on all FOX 32 Forks... :p

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sure. the fork was on the table, not on the bike. it could be 29 or 31mm, not 39mm. Does nobody know something about other forks?
9mm would affect the trail as much as a difference of 1.5° on the headtube, not a minor change.

·
Stabbitha
140 Posts
30x26 said:
i'm sure. the fork was on the table, not on the bike. it could be 29 or 31mm, not 39mm. Does nobody know something about other forks?
9mm would affect the trail as much as a difference of 1.5? on the headtube, not a minor change.
There isn't a suspension fork on the market (that I know of) that varies from the 1.5" trail rule by more than 1-2 mm.

Some of the rake happens in the crown, so its tough to measure.

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Flow 559 said:
There isn't a suspension fork on the market (that I know of) that varies from the 1.5" trail rule by more than 1-2 mm.
my english isn't good so i took 3 pics. steere tube is over cds but i verified my data using an absolutely not deformable object: 8.5-5.5 = 30mm

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.