Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fake it 'til you make it
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here it goes:

I want to ride from Vancouver, Canada, to Vancouver, Washington via the Cascades and stay off the pavement.

Any route ideas?

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
JLantz said:
OK, here it goes:

I want to ride from Vancouver, Canada, to Vancouver, Washington via the Cascades and stay off the pavement.

Any route ideas?
Don't think you'll get out of Vancouver without hitting pavement :madman:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
maybe helpful

Here is a link to a forum that I read quite a while ago about a motorcycle guy doing the pacific crest, San Diego to northern Washington.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47645

I could help with the route selection from Hwy 12 near Packwood south to Vancouver. I have driven most of that at various times. I don't have access to my maps right now (at work), but I think 99% of that stretch could be done on dirt or gravel roads but little to no trail riding.

Are you thinking of carrying your gear in a BOB or something like that or having a support vehicle? I did a 5 day, 200 mile group ride in north central Mexico a few years ago with support vehicles and it made it a pretty nice trip. The trucks would meet us at pre-determined places on the route by taking easier routes through the valleys while we rode old prospecting/mining trails through the mountains. It was really nice to eat real food and drink cold beers from the cooler, not to mention the portable shower. Hard to do that out of a BOB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.