Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to be able to find valve stems for tubless wheels (819 Mavic) LBS dosen't have anything. Know of a place to get them on-line? Any type better then the other?
Thanks Jack

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Action1 said:
I can't seem to be able to find valve stems for tubless wheels (819 Mavic) LBS dosen't have anything. Know of a place to get them on-line? Any type better then the other?
Thanks Jack
Mavic valves are your only real choice. Nashbar has them. They are not cheap.

·
uofabill
213 Posts
LBS or Stan

ride-the-slide said:
Go to notubes.com. I think they were $8 apiece and have removable cores.
Your LBS can order the Mavic version and as Shiggy said they ain't cheap. Stan's sells his version. I have both kinds. The Mavic version has a rectangular rubber base that fits well down into the spoke valley of Mavic rims. The Stan's version has a round rubber base that is a more universal kind of fit. Although I have some of the Stan's I haven't used them cause I'm using his rim strips.

·
Numerous wiring problems.
86 Posts
Eclipse valves are a better option

uofabill said:
Your LBS can order the Mavic version and as Shiggy said they ain't cheap. Stan's sells his version. I have both kinds. The Mavic version has a rectangular rubber base that fits well down into the spoke valley of Mavic rims. The Stan's version has a round rubber base that is a more universal kind of fit. Although I have some of the Stan's I haven't used them cause I'm using his rim strips.
I don't know if you can get them in the States, but the Eclipse valve with removable core has a rectangular base, fits neatly in Mavic rims and allows you to add sealant without removing the bead from the rim. I use these on my X3.1s as well as a set of Eclipse-converted 717 rims and they work really well.

In the UK see www.justridingalong.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts