Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2010 XT Wheelset with the 15mm front(xc). Am trying to mount a standard Minion up front and a UST Highroller in the rear. Using compressed air, soapy water and Cafe sealant. Nothing to it, except the block style Cafe valves leak. An experienced friend trimmed the Stan's valves, and they leaked. I realize the Shimano valves are not removable. Can I get a non-UST tired beaded without compressed air? Does Stan's offer a vavle for UST XT/XTR wheels? These wheels are quite popular, and have been solid. Surely I am missing something. Much thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
boblepesh1 said:
Have 2010 XT Wheelset with the 15mm front(xc). Am trying to mount a standard Minion up front and a UST Highroller in the rear. Using compressed air, soapy water and Cafe sealant. Nothing to it, except the block style Cafe valves leak. An experienced friend trimmed the Stan's valves, and they leaked. I realize the Shimano valves are not removable. Can I get a non-UST tired beaded without compressed air? Does Stan's offer a vavle for UST XT/XTR wheels? These wheels are quite popular, and have been solid. Surely I am missing something. Much thanks.
You are missing this: The rims are not designed for use of standard tires without tubes.

UST/tubeless ready tires and using the Shimano valve will seat with a floor pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.