Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was at Valmont yesterday evening after work and saw a crash on the large DJ line I would love to get a pm from you. I am still a little fuzzy with how I went down and would like to fill in the gaps, no pun intended (must be the muscle relaxers).

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wasnt there but this post is awesome!

the best part of any crash is the after discussion and smack talk and you sir have been deprived of that. I feel for you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mild concussion and a 1st degree separation of my left shoulder. I know I was jumping the large DJ line and I think I went down near the wall ride (not on any of the jumps) but to be honest I can't remember that part very well. I remember being back at my truck and my bike was already in the back of the truck. Cracked my Bell skate helmet pretty well right at my temple.

·
Helmet Tester
41 Posts
Dang. That's scary stuff. Several years ago before I moved to Colorado I was visiting a friend in Fort Collins and wiped out hard on the South Valley Trail at Lory State Park of all places. Just too much speed and too little experience on the loose dirt. Not sure how long I was unconscious, but I woke up about 15 yards off the trail. I remember getting back on my bike, but the next several hours are a total blank. Somehow I managed to work my way to the lower Horsetooth trailhead and meet up with my buddy who had been waiting for me to catch up. It didn't take him long to realize that I had a serious concussion as I kept repeating the same question to him over and over and over. I've tried to relocate where I crashed, but I cannot remember enough about the wreck to know for sure.

Anyway, I hope you heal up soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I can handle the hurt shoulder it is the gap in my memory that is annoying. I guess I have a month or so to try and remember, hope November is dry this year!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mild concussion and a 1st degree separation of my left shoulder. I know I was jumping the large DJ line and I think I went down near the wall ride (not on any of the jumps) but to be honest I can't remember that part very well. I remember being back at my truck and my bike was already in the back of the truck. Cracked my Bell skate helmet pretty well right at my temple.
The dirt is always really loose right there. It's actually an easy place to have something happen if you come in to hot to right there.

Another potential idea is that maybe you hit your front tire on the lip of the step-up right before the wall ride. I think that could happen too. If it did that landing is pretty steep and high so it could be bad fall.

Heal fast!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhhh, maybe that was my problem I didn't have a cocktail!

All I know is in a month or so I am going to need some DJ friends that can hit Valmnot at lunch and after work. I have done my last solo mission at Valmont or the skate park (which kind of sucks because the skate park is the best at 6AM and it is tough to talk anyone into going that early).

·
Registered
810 Posts
I hit valmont and the skatepark at 6 am because thats when I get off work. So give me a yell and I'll meet up. Although right now it's a bit dark that time of day :( would go to the skatepark then though.
As for the WTF happened landing...been there, done that, don't care to again. Twice, er, three....um, maybe four times is enough, can't remember ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Critrat and DSFA,

I will hit you guys up in about a month or so once the shoulder heals up. I can't wait to get back on the bike, damn this shoulder!

Puddy

·
Registered
810 Posts
Critrat and DSFA,

I will hit you guys up in about a month or so once the shoulder heals up. I can't wait to get back on the bike, damn this shoulder!

Puddy
Sounds good. Heal up quick:thumbsup:

Valmont Bike Park: Where kids can eat sh*t, then watch their parents eat sh*t.
I thought it was Valmont, where 8yr olds ride $3,000 bikes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I went down in the same area and ended up with a concussion. Came in hot and went down in the loose dirt. Over the next two weeks worst headaches ever.

Did you go in for a neurological assessment? Sounds like you went in but a head injury is nothing to mess with.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Hey jurichar, only time I've seen a pic of you, you were basically covered in casts. Have you come back "sufficiently" from all the separate injuries? What the hell happened anyway?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.