Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Whats going on with Valmont. When are they looking at opening this park? I went on their website and no new information has been posted since October. Just curious.

Erik

·
4.0" fully suspended
402 Posts
my prison cell is right next to the park. They've been movin quite a bit of earth up until the snow- is definitely starting to take shape 1 good sized hill plus 3 smaller ones are there. No trail building yet.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
You got a window cell, Dirty? Lucky. I just drove by there today. Not too much happening. Looks like it'll be a while...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Status Update

Hey All,

Valmont is still moving steadily forward. Right now, the city planning/building department is reviewing the final set of plans in preparation of issuing a building permit. Once that is compete, the parks dept will issue the construction plans for bidding. 5 general contractors and 3 trailbuilding teams have been pre-qualified to bid on the job. The city will select a winning contracting team and construction will start as soon as possible. The goal is to be building as soon as possible, ideally at the end of winter.

Thanks, Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts