Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking my fiancé would like a 29er for a while now. Long story short I bought a frame and fork off ebay thinking I would do a slow build. Idecided I didn't like the frame and fork so a few trips to the LBS and this is the end result.

It is a men's medium, my fiancé has 32" inseam, seems to fit her "just" right.

The bike had a lot of blue on it before, well my girl is what I refer to as an earthy barbie, she loves to get out and get dirty but she likes things "pretty." So anything that was blue was turned to black or purple. There are a few more pieces to come but this is pretty much it. Hard to see in the pictures but the spoke nipples are purple as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
annamagpie said:
very pretty! as a new owner of a 29er, I approve. :D
I saw the picture of your salsa, I like the electrical tape fork mod with flower stickers! You know hope makes a rotor that has flowers cut into it.

I have added a purple water bottle cage and a customized headset top cap, Ill try to get pictures up tommorow.

·
Registered
234 Posts
dblvanos said:
I saw the picture of your salsa, I like the electrical tape fork mod with flower stickers! You know hope makes a rotor that has flowers cut into it.

I have added a purple water bottle cage and a customized headset top cap, Ill try to get pictures up tommorow.
I am glad you like the fork-I have a friend who calls my bike, not the Spearfish, but the Trailerfish. He thinks the electrical tape looks, well, trashy.
I am defintiely going to check out Hope--is that a brand? I'll google it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
annamagpie said:
I am glad you like the fork-I have a friend who calls my bike, not the Spearfish, but the Trailerfish. He thinks the electrical tape looks, well, trashy.
I am defintiely going to check out Hope--is that a brand? I'll google it.
Yes, hope is the brand, they are expensive expensive though

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=31463

I like the bike, I think it is important to customize a bike to your taste, just like anything, if your proud of it you will use it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Pretty!!

It's fun to customize and I think it makes it more fun to ride your bike.

Check out Toronto Cycles for more purple annodized bits. Things that are fun, but not over-the-top are anodized bolts to hold on the derailleur pulleys, and matching top cap (for the top of the headset) bolts.

Every time I look down and see my red top cap bolt to match my red headset, I smile.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: I ended up setting up the rim tubeless, they were a little difficult since they have such a deep rim cavity. Used stans yellow tape, then the stock rim strip over the tape to help keep the tire bead next to the rim lip. They sealed up quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.