Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bike Ninja |||
2,037 Posts
Can you say LAWSUIT? The vail lifties forgot to put the seat down so when the lift 'swept' up the skiers, they just fell right through the open hole where the bench part of the lift should be...

it's not like vail is hurting on money but i expect to see a large settlement on this one.

·
I bike long tyme.
1,107 Posts
Now THAT is rough. How damn humiliating would that be hangin' there with your package dangling? Good thing he didn't piss himself. :p

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
The kid that snapped the pic got fired (Sharshooter) for taking the photo. . . he said something along the lines of "I rolled up to the lift line and saw a bare arse dangling from the chair, I did what I thought I should do and take a photo from the best angle possible. His face was not showing. If it gets me fired, it was totally worth it."

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Truckee Trash said:
The kid that snapped the pic got fired (Sharshooter) for taking the photo. . . he said something along the lines of "I rolled up to the lift line and saw a bare arse dangling from the chair, I did what I thought I should do and take a photo from the best angle possible. His face was not showing. If it gets me fired, it was totally worth it."
Pwned!

Seems like the kid did the guy a favor. Memorializing the episode for all the world to see. Should come in handy in the lawsuit against Vail.

But really, the lift operator doesn't put the seat down? Just grab it and put it down yourself. The guy is a dweeb, but it's hard not to feel sorry for him.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ruralrider528 said:
haha what an ass(photographer), someone takes a pic of this poor guys misfortune and then posts it on the internet for all to see. The kid could have at least given him his jacket to cover up.
nah that is a photographer's job....to record history.....that is so cool he did it.....it even made the papers the next day (he sold it)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I don't know about you, but I log lots of days on snow a season and can't tell you how many times I've had to reach behind me and flip the seat down. Lots.

Hell, it was a detachable as well. Not like it just came out of nowhere and he didn't have a chance to put the seat down.

Pretty ridiculous if he gets big money for that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.